Delve is a component of Office 365 that helps you to discover and organize the information that's likely to be most interesting to you right now - across Office 365.
Delve never changes any permissions, so you'll only see documents that you already have access to. Other people will not see your private documents.
- Connect and collaborate with other people.
- Search for people, documents, or boards.
- See what documents others are working on or learn more about them.
- Discover and organize information from across Office 365.
- Add a document as a favoriate, or to a board to easily get back to it later.
- Stay connected and productive wherever you are.
How do I access Office Delve?
Microsoft Delve is accessible via most web browsers.
- Open a web browser and go to Office 365.
- Once there, login with your UA email address (e.g. UaUsername@alaska.edu) and password.
- After you have successfully signed in, in the upper left corner click the App Launcher, and select Delve.
Use the help resources listed below to learn how to successfully use Office Delve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Other related information
- I see very few or no documents in Delve - What can I do?
To make Delve a great experience for everyone in your network, make sure that you and your colleagues store and share your files where Delve can get to them: in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online in Office 365.
Note that many Office 365 service, such as Microsoft Teams, uses SharePoint Online as an underpinning technology.
- Why can't I change all my profile information?Some of the information in your profile, such as your name, are set based on information stored in Banner. To change those details, you can use UA Online to update some self-service information, in other cases you'll have to contact either Enrollment Services, or Human Resource Services.
- Can anyone see my content?
No. Only people who already have access to see your documents in OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint can see them in Delve.
Delve never changes any permissions. Only you can see your private documents. What you see is different from what other people see.
- Can I delete a document from Delve?
Documents are not stored in Delve, so you can't delete documents from Delve directly. The documents are stored other places in Office 365, for example in OneDrive for Business or in SharePoint. Only people who already have access to a document, can see it in Delve.
To delete a document, or prevent it from showing up in Delve, use the link in the lower left of the content card to go to the location where the document is stored.
Once there, do one of the following:
- Delete the document.
- To prevent others from seeing the document in Delve, change the permissions so only you have access to the document.
- To prevent the document from showing up in Delve at all, move the document outside Office 365, for example to the Documents folder on your computer.
- How's the picture on the content card selected?
The picture on the card is extracted from the content of the document, and will often give you a hint about what the document is about and make it easier to get back to the document later. If a document has several pictures, we try to show the best one based on things like resolution and size.
If a document doesn't have a picture, or Microsoft can't show the picture, Microsoft will show a default image illustrating the file type.
Need additional help or have issues
For additional assistance contact the IT Services Technical Support Center via phone at (907) 786-4646, toll-free at (877) 633-3888, or email at email@example.com.