We have shows every week September-April except the first Friday. Our schedule continues into the summer with at least 2 show nights a month. Our 60 minute shows usually highlights one of our immersive, fulldome films followed by a presentation from one of our community's expert scientists, plus time for questions from the audience at the end of every show. We also have our all-live planetarium shows which feature the immense Planetarium database where one of our Astronomers will fly you through the Scales of the Universe, Stars of the Alaskan Sky, or show you our Tilted Solstice.
- 6:30PM Back to the Moon for Good with Planetarium Manager, Omega Smith
- 8:00PM Exploding Universe with Planetarium Manager, Omega Smith
- 6:30PM Stars of the Alaskan Sky with Planetarium Manager, Omega Smith
- 8:00PM AudioDome: Sundog's Holy Funkadelic Light Speed Parade with Sundog
- 6:30PM Kiuguyat: The Northern Lights with Planetarium Manager, Omega Smith
- 8:00PM Above Alaska with Planetarium Manager, Omega Smith
- 6:30PM Earthquake with UAA Geologist, Dr. Simon Kattenhorn
- 8:00PM Dynamic Earth with UAA Astronomer, Dr. Travis Rector
- 6:30PM Chasing the Ghost Particle with UAA Physicist, Dr. Katherine Rawlins
- 8:00PM Fractals Rock! with UAA Mathematicians, Dr. Larry Foster, Dr. Stefanos Folias, and Dr. Larry Cook
- Jenn Zahrt PhD is an author, publisher, and teacher of cultural astronomy and astrology. In 2017 she was appointed as an Honorary Research Fellow at the Sophia Centre for the Study of Cosmology in Culture at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. She researches many forms of astrology emergent across human cultures past and present, with a special focus on early twentieth century German culture. She is the founder of Revelore Press, creative director of the Sophia Centre Press and the deputy editor of the peer-reviewed journal Culture and Cosmos. She has taught and lectured domestically and internationally in places such as Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany. She is currenly based out of Seattle, WA.
- 6:30PM Habitat Earth with UAA Astronomer, Dr. Travis Rector
- 8:00PM Dream to Discovery with UAA Astronomer, Dr. Travis Rector
More to come soon...
Please note that this schedule may need to change. If the demand is high, we will work to offer additional shows. To be notified when new public shows are scheduled or the schedule changes, please join our mailing list.
Online Ticket Prices:
- FREE for current UAA Planetarium Members
- $10 for Adults
- $ 5 for UAA Students (w/ valid ID)
- $ 5 for Children (4-18 years)
Tickets sold in advance at UAATix.com.
- FREE for current UAA Planetarium Members
- $12 for Adults
- $ 6 for UAA Students (w/ valid ID)
- $ 6 for Children (4-18 years)
- At the Door payment options: cash, check and credit card!
*ticket prices have been raised to include the ticketing fee
Because of the popularity of our public shows, we strongly recommend that you reserve seats in advance at UAATix.com. Because the theater is dark and can be scary for young children, we do not recommend bringing children under the age of 4. Some shows have bright lights and moving scenery which could cause motion sickness or sezuires. There are routes out of the planetarium if you start to feel any ill effects.
Individual and Student members may reserve one seat per show, while Family and Organizational members (and above) may reserve up to four seats per show. Online reservations are free for members, and non-members can purchase tickets online with a credit card. Seats may typically be reserved online until 5pm the day of the show. All remaining tickets will be sold at the door on a first-come, first-served basis on the night of the show. We will be accepting cash and card at the door. Even if a show is sold out, we typically have a few seats available on the night of the show. The planetarium will open for seating 30 minutes before each show. You must be in the theater 10 minutes before the show starts. Unclaimed reserve seats will be released after this time to stand-by customers. There is no entry after the show begins.
For questions about the planetarium, our shows, or how to make reservations on UAATix.com, please contact the planetarium staff via email at email@example.com or by phone at (907) 786-1838. Should you require to cancel your public show reservations, please let us know! Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds for purchased tickets after the fact.
Can't make it on Friday nights? Don't like sitting next to strangers in a dark room? You and up to 63 friends can book the planetarium for a private show! Our private shows are available all year long and can be tailored to your request. We have discounted rates for school and youth groups as well. For pricing and availability email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.