Advanced welding occupational endorsement certificate
Explore the advanced welding certificate program at the University of Alaska AnchorageUAA’s advanced welding occupational endorsement certificate program covers skills such as pipe fabrication, pipe welding and fitting processes. You’ll also get extensive hands-on practice, with one-on-one guidance from expert welding instructors. Courses in the advanced welding certificate program are based on standards established by the American Welding Society and American Petroleum Institute. A total of 16 credits and two industry-recognized welding qualifications are required for the occupational endorsement certificate.
UAA’s state-of-the-art welding facilities
Our 4,000-square-foot welding lab offers the latest welding equipment, including 44 welding booths, oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting technology, industrial band saws and metal shears.
Advanced welding scholarships and financial aid
Get help with the cost of your education. We offer a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance you may be eligible for as a welding major. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
What can you do with a certificate in advanced welding?Gain the skills to be an expert in the trade of pipe welding when you earn your certificate in advanced welding at UAA.
Advanced welding careers
Our advanced welding alumni go on to establish careers in diverse industries, such as:
- Oil and gas
Advanced welding certificate program highlightsGuided by industry experts, UAA’s advanced welding program offers extensive hands-on training and state-of-the-art facilities to prepare you for careers in pipe welding.
- Learn from expert welding instructors. Our faculty are all Certified Welding Inspectors (CWIs) who specialize in different welding processes and inspection procedures.
- Earn industry certifications. Our new welding facility is an authorized Accredited Testing Facility (ATF) under the American Welding Society (AWS). We can conduct testing and issue certifications that are required for major infrastructure projects in the state. Our welding program can also certify educators and students from anywhere in the country on a variety of welding examinations.
- Participate in professional clubs and events. These include the Alaska Chapter for the American Welding Society and the American Society for Nondestructive Testing.
- Discover new career possibilities. 100% of the certificate program credits can be transferred toward an associate degree in applied technologies leadership, giving you the opportunity to move toward a management position or open your own business.
Amazing stories from welding majors
Welding technology at UAA has opened many doors for me. The faculty are knowledgeable and have a great understanding of industry needs. The UAA welding program gave me the opportunity to learn a new set of skills that are critical to today’s growing industry. The flexible class schedules and hands-on learning environment make classes fun and exciting.
Advanced welding occupational endorsement certificate program curriculumThe advanced welding program curriculum covers shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), welding of high strength steels and pipefitting operations. You’ll also learn industry best practices for safety and hazard assessment, the application of mathematical formulas and computations in welding, and elevated communication skills.
Top classes for advanced welding majors
- Pipe Fabrication
- Pipe Welding Vertical-Down SMAW
- Pipe Welding Vertical-Up SMAW