Applied technologies leadership B.S.
Explore the applied technologies leadership bachelor’s degree program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
Build on your knowledge, skills and experiences to gain the qualifications to lead
in a variety of business and technology management careers. In UAA’s applied technologies
leadership bachelor’s degree program, you’ll have the opportunity to explore professional
areas and gain hands-on experience as you prepare for career advancement. The program
is designed for graduates of applied science degrees and similar programs as well
as industrial technology professionals and military students with the required credits
in their career field. The bachelor’s degree in applied technologies leadership is
offered both at UAA’s Anchorage campus and online.
Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Program
UAA’s Bachelor of Science in applied technologies leadership is an approved program of the Air University Associate-To-Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) Program. This program offers fully online baccalaureate degree programs to every Air Force enlisted member, regardless of duty location. Learn more about this program at UAA.
Applied technologies leadership scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and education costs. UAA offers a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance you can apply for when you major in applied technologies leadership. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
What can you do with an applied technologies leadership degree from UAA?
Develop the skills to lead in the technical field you’re training for. The Bachelor
of Science in applied technologies leadership allows you to complete a program of
study that will open up a wide range of technical management career pathways.
Applied technologies leadership careers
Alumni of the bachelor’s degree in applied technologies leadership are prepared for supervisory and management positions in technical industries such as computer networking technology, welding and nondestructive testing technology, automotive and diesel technology and process technology.
Applied technologies leadership bachelor’s degree program highlights
Prepare for leadership positions with this flexible bachelor’s degree program designed to match your skills and career goals. These are some of the top reasons to choose UAA for your bachelor’s degree in applied technologies leadership:
- Get a head start on your bachelor’s degree. This degree completion program allows students who have an associate degree or an equivalent amount credits to start college as a junior instead of a first year.
- Earn your bachelor’s degree on a schedule that works for you. Required courses are offered both online and face-to-face for your convenience.
- Get hands-on experience in your field of study. The applied technologies leadership program includes a capstone experience and opportunities to build your electronic portfolio.
- Learn from diverse classmates through team building projects. In the applied technologies leadership program, you’ll learn how to collaborate and be an effective leader who can move projects forward, ensure a safe and healthy workplace and increase your value to your organization’s mission.
- Participate in the Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Program: Airmen with an AAS degree from CCAF can earn a career-related (AF-relevant) four-year degree by completing an additional 67 semester hours online.
Amazing stories from applied technologies leadership majors
Participation in the BSATL program has been a challenging and exciting process. It has offered opportunities to enhance my current skill set and personal growth. Areas that I have experienced personal growth include communications, working in groups and exposure to various programs and tools in project management. Because of my military background, which is mostly directive in nature, learning to communicate and participate in group activities was critical. Learning the programs and tools in project management helped me improve my organizational and management skills, which I have found very useful in my current career
Applied technologies leadership bachelor’s degree program curriculumTo earn your bachelor’s degree in applied technologies leadership, you’ll complete a core of advanced professional, communication and quantitative skills courses. Select a career path based on your Associate of Science or military training credits, and complete additional coursework that is relevant to your technical field and career goals.
Top classes for applied technologies leadership majors
- Applied Leadership for Technicians
- Organizational Safety and Health
- Project Design, Implementation and Control
- Training and Development for Technical Employees
- Field-Based Study (a course that allows you to receive credit for training, professional development and other activities that further your skill set in your industry)