You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Automotive Technology Undergraduate Certificate
Explore the automotive technology undergraduate certificate program at the University of Alaska AnchorageLed by Master ASE Certified instructors, UAA’s automotive technology undergraduate certificate program provides on-the-job training, state-of-the-art facilities and opportunities to obtain industry certifications. Through a partnership with Fiat Chrysler Automotive, the program offers National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) online training. As a National Leadership Member of NC3, the program also provides industry-recognized technical training and certification as a Mopar Level 1 Technician.
Hands-on learning in the automotive technology program
Get hands-on experience working in UAA’s state-of-the-art training facility, and learn on the job through a required practicum. The department has partnerships with Alaska car dealerships and repair facilities who donate cutting-edge equipment and often hire UAA alumni. The program also provides registered practicum opportunities through a local new car dealership that allow you to specialize as technicians for Honda, Acura, Nissan, Subaru, Mazda and Volvo.
Automotive technology scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and education costs. UAA offers a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance you may apply for as an automotive student. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
Did you know..
UAA’s automotive technology program is the only post-secondary automotive technical training program in Alaska that is accredited by the ASE Education Foundation at the Master Automobile Service Technology (MAST) level. This is the highest accreditation that can be obtained by automotive technology programs.
What can you do with an undergraduate certificate in automotive technology from UAA?This program prepares you for a variety of job opportunities and automobile manufacturers. Many students are recruited from the program before they even graduate.
Automotive technology careers
Alumni from UAA’s automotive technology undergraduate certificate program have gone on to work with businesses that include:
- New and used car dealerships
- Independent repair facilities
- Large service and fleet repair facilities
- Mass merchandisers
- Aviation ground support equipment
By the numbers..
Automotive technology undergraduate certificate program highlightsGet the advanced technological training and one-on-one mentorship to excel in today’s most in-demand automotive mechanic careers. The following are some of the top reasons to choose UAA for your undergraduate certificate in automotive technology.
- Get practical, on-the-job experience. The certificate program includes supervised practicums that let you work as service technicians at new car dealerships, fleet service centers, independent repair facilities and more.
- Become ASE certified. Training for ASE certifications is built into the coursework and many students hold several manufacturer-specific certifications by the time they graduate.
- Receive training using the latest technology found in today’s vehicles. Courses integrate specific training and certifications from a variety of automobile manufacturers, giving you broader career options.
- Work closely with expert instructors. All of the instructors are Master ASE Certified and have close connections with a wide network of local industry professionals. Small classes promote one-on-one training and mentorship
Amazing stories from automotive technology majors
I’m thankful for the guidance of my automotive technology instructors at UAA. I am now a certified automotive technician in large part due to it. I look forward to chasing their accolades in the automotive industry, with their help of course and many technically challenging conversations and lots of problem-solving along the way.