You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
AA to BA - Elementary Education
Explore the Elementary Education AA to BA programAchieve your elementary education dreams and open the doorway to certification through the articulated Associates to Bachelors program between the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) and the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS). The Associate of Arts (AA) to Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Elementary Education program provides a pathway to an elementary teaching career through a partnership with the UAS. Students complete the AA, which includes the first two years of required coursework, on any UAA campus or online. Upon completion, students transfer seamlessly through the formal Articulation Agreement to UAS, completing their bachelor's degree via a combination of distance-delivered coursework and supervised practicum experiences in their local school district.
Upon completion of the full program, UAS provides an institutional recommendation to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development, the department responsible for granting teaching certifications.
What can you do with this Articulated Associates to Bachelors degree program?
Elementary Education Careers Include
- Elementary school teacher
- Student counseling
- Curriculum design
- Childcare provider or manager
Articulated Associates to Bachelors degree program highlights
Begin with a solid base of general education and breadth requirements, then transfer to complete specialized coursework and supervised student teaching experiences.
- Develop the broad knowledge base needed to teach children in K-8 school settings
- Receive high-quality instruction from nationally renowned faculty, including Ph.D.-level instructors.
- Get additional help and guidance from campus resources to help you succeed. Learn more about UAA’s speech lab, supplemental instruction, writing center and peer tutors, just to name a few.
- Co-curricular opportunities offer a chance to hone your skills, including serving as a peer learning assistant, tutor, or mentor.
Elementary Education Curriculum
Get the full college experience with high-quality classroom instruction and flexible course offerings — and earn credit toward a bachelor’s degree. UAA’s articulated associate of arts degree program enables you to build your knowledge and skills base while completing the first two years of the UAS Elementary Education bachelor’s degree requirements.
Enhance the experience by selecting from a variety of academic opportunities, from undergraduate research and education abroad to civic engagement and service learning. The Articulated Associate of Arts degree at UAA is intentionally and cooperatively aligned to the UAS program, ensuring that students can graduate on time.
Top classes for Elementary Education
- Survey the diverse cultural worlds of Alaska Native peoples in Alaska Native Perspectives.
- Explore the core practices of working with children in Intro to the Field of Early Childhood Education.
- Learn about the role of sociocultural influences on human cognitive and socio-emotional maturation and growth in Lifespan Development