Welding occupational endorsement certificate
Explore the welding certificate program at the University of Alaska AnchorageThe occupational endorsement certificate in welding provides an overview of the various welding processes. The program includes hands-on instruction in different welding techniques using a variety of materials. When you complete your certificate you’ll be ready for entry-level positions in the welding industry. A total of 15 credits are required for the occupational endorsement certificate.
UAA’s state-of-the-art welding facilities
The 4,000-square-foot welding lab features the latest equipment, including 44 welding booths, oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting technology, industrial band saws and metal shears.
Welding financial aid and scholarships
Get help with the cost of your education. UAA offers a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance you may be eligible for as a welding major. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
What can you do with an occupational endorsement certificate in welding from UAA?
When you earn your certificate in welding at UAA you’ll be ready for entry-level welding
technician careers in a variety of industries across the world.
Graduates of the certificate program apply their skills in many different industries, including:
- Oil and gas
Job opportunities include:
- Industrial welding
- Pipeline installation
- Ship building and repair
- Military infrastructure and equipment welding
Welding certificate program highlights
Get your welding certification at UAA and benefit from hands-on learning experiences, state-of-the-art facilities and expert instructors who boast extensive industry experience.
- Work alongside expert welding instructors. All faculty members are Certified Welding Inspectors (CWIs) who specialize in different welding processes and inspection procedures.
- Earn industry certifications. UAA’s new welding facility is an authorized Accredited Testing Facility (ATF) under the American Welding Society (AWS). As a result, the program can facilitate testing and issue certifications for welders, many of which are required by businesses and industries for major infrastructure projects in the state. The welding program can also certify educators and students from anywhere in the country on a variety of welding examinations.
- Participate in professional clubs and events. These include the Alaska Chapter for the American Welding Society and the American Society for Nondestructive Testing.
Amazing stories from welding majors
Welding technology at UAA has opened many doors for me. The faculty are knowledgeable and have a great understanding of industry needs. The UAA welding program gave me the opportunity to learn a new set of skills that are critical to today’s growing industry. The flexible class schedules and hands-on learning environment make classes fun and exciting.
Welding occupational endorsement certificate program curriculumUAA’s welding program covers four main welding processes and three thermal cutting processes. You’ll also develop technical knowledge in welding application, procedure/welder qualification and reading plans and specifications.
Top classes for welding majors
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)