If you've been awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution and are applying for a master- or doctoral-level degree, you are considered a graduate applicant.
General Graduate Requirements
All graduate programs require an awarded baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution for admission.
Each graduate program has specific requirements for admission, which may include additional application materials such as your resume, references, writing samples, specific entrance exams, etc. GPA requirements also vary by program; generally a 3.0 GPA minimum is required.
Visit the Graduate School for more information.
Complete an Admission Application
The online application takes about 15–30 minutes to complete and costs $75. You will create an account that will let you save your application and log back in any time to complete your application, upload additional admission documents, and check on your application status.
Once you submit your application, the required transcripts that you need to provide will be listed. Transcripts you may be asked to provide include:
- Undergraduate transcript: UAA requires an official final transcript sent directly from the institution that issued your undergraduate degree.
- Additional transcripts: If a large portion of credits were earned at more than one institution, you may be required to submit additional transcripts from your undergraduate degree work.
For how to order a secure electronic transcript or mail an official paper transcript, see further information on the Transcripts for Admission page.
Submit Additional Application Materials
Program-specific additional application materials vary by the graduate program. See individual program requirements for details.
Check Application Status
You may postpone your admission once for up to one year by submitting a Request to Postpone Admission form to the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline:
- Fall Postponement Admission Deadline: August 15
- Spring Postponement Admission Deadline: December 15
- Summer Postponement Admission Deadline: June 15
Submit your postponement request online: