Upon receiving a citation, you have 21 days to pay the citation (or file an appeal) before a $25 late fee is added to the fine. If after 21 days from the citation issue date you have neither paid the citation or filed an appeal, your right to appeal will be forfeit and one or more of the following actions will occur:
- The citation will be place on your student account/sent to collections
- A hold will be placed on your student account, preventing the retrieval of transcripts and a $50 administrative fee will be assessed if three or more citations are outstanding
- Parking privileges may be revoked on the UAA Campus
Citations range from $10–$500, depending on the violation. The violation you are charged with is clearly marked on the citation. See UAA Parking Rules and Regulations to see descriptions of violations.
All citation evidence is publicly accessible at The Permit Store by searching the license plate or notice number of the vehicle/violation in question.
How to Pay Your Citation
Three Options to Pay Your Citation:
- Pay Online: Submit your payment online. Violations can be found by searching via your license plate or notice number.
- Pay in Person: Submit your payment in person at the Parking Services Office, Eugene Short Hall 102B, 2601 Providence Drive.
- Pay by Check or Money Order (cash NOT accepted): Submit your check or money order, made payable to UAA Parking Services, via mail or dropping in one of Parking Services drop-boxes.
UAA Parking Services
3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508
- Inside Eugene Short Hall
- Outside Enrollment Services Center
- Alaska Airlines Center Main Lot (next to the Pay N Park)
- Alaska Airlines Center Auxiliary Lot (next to the Pay N Park)
How to Appeal Your Citation
Recipients of parking citations may appeal tickets if they believe that no violation of regulations occurred.
Appeal Process & Timeline
Upon receiving a citation, you have the right to appeal online within 21 days from the citation issue date. If an appeal is not received within 21 days of the citation date, your right to appeal is forfeit and a $25 late fee will be added.
Appeals are only accepted online. Ensuring each appellant is given the same amount of time to appeal and that a valid contact email address is used. Appeal decisions will be sent via the provided email address.
Appeal Review & Outcomes
Citation appeals are reviewed based on:
- Reason for the citation
- Two-year citation history with UAA
- Permit status
- Appeal evidence
Citations may be upheld, adjusted, or dismissed.
Citations with a balance due after the appeal decision is delivered have 21 days to make payment in full before a $25 late fee is added. Citations with a balance due after 21 days of the late fee being added will be transferred to collections or an active student account.
Appellants may file a second appeal to be decided by the Appeals Board. The Appeals Board is comprised of students, staff and faculty volunteers. Citations must be paid in full before the 21 days to be eligible for a second appeal; the decision of the Appeals Board is final.