Handshake, is the University of Alaska’s career management platform for students and alumni. On Handshake students and alumni can discover new career paths, build a professional profile, find amazing jobs and internships, connect with great companies, and schedule appointments with Career Services. Login with you UA username and password and get started with Handshake today!
Want even more tips on how to stand out on Handshake? Check out Handshake's How-to Series on YouTube!
Additional Handshake Resources
Looking for more Handshake guidance? Check out these written and video resources to support student and alumni success on Handshake.
- How do I access my Handshake account?All University of Alaska students have a Handshake account established for them when they register for classes. Log in using your UA credentials (this is the same alaska.edu email and password you use to login to Blackboard and UAOnline) at alaska.joinhandshake.com. Please note that although Blackboard gives you the option to change your email and forward your student email to it, Handshake uses that same alaska.edu email throughout your college time.
- How do I complete my Handshake profile?
The profile update process will take you through a series of questions to help Handshake know who you are (similar to Netflix building your preferences). Your answers create a picture for employers. You can always adjust your answers, updating your profile as often as you wish. Check out the recommended 3 must-haves on your Handshake profile.
- Can I skip the profile completion process?Yes, you can skip the profile creation process. However, not completing this section means not showing up in employer searches or receiving personalized job recommendations.
- Is my Handshake profile private?When you enter Handshake for the first time, you will be prompted to review your privacy settings and update your profile. Your account defaults to private and how open you wish to be is up to you.
- How do I request an appointment with UAA Career Services. Log into Handshake and visit alaska.joinhandshake.com/appointments to request an appointment for a time that works best for you. A carer services professional will review your request and you will receive an email notification once your appointment has been approved. Check out our appointments webpage for more information on making an appointment in Handshake.
- How do I search for jobs and opportunities?
- How do I apply to jobs?Check out this video and blog about applying to jobs on Handshake or follow these step-by-step instructions for applying to jobs.
- How can I find specific employers on Handshake?Check out this video and blog about finding employers on Handshake.
- Can I use Handshake for networking?Check out this video and blog about getting helpful career advice from students and alumni on Handshake.
- Where can I learn more about getting the most out of Handshake?
Employers who are interested in using Handshake should start by visiting the employer webpage. If you need further assistance with Handshake, please contact UAA Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.