Jobs and Internships
Discover new career paths. Build your professional profile. Find amazing jobs and internships. Connect with great companies and nonprofits. Schedule appointments with Career Exploration and Services. All in Handshake.
- Discover jobs in personalized recommendations based on your major & interests
- Find career and networking events on campus
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships available to you
- Schedule appointments for support with resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, internship orientation, and career exploration
- Track deadlines and put your best self forward
- Connect with employers and meet your potential
- Manage your on-campus interviews with top companies, organizations, and on-campus employers
- Access through an easy to use, accessible online platform and mobile app
New Jobs and Internships
Find a Job or Internship
Apply to off-campus jobs tailored to students and new professionals through Handshake.
Specialized Job Boards
- Alaska Department of Labor & Workforce Development
- Workplace Alaska – Alaska State Government Jobs
- USAJobs – Federal Government Jobs
Earn Academic Credit through Internships
Our Internships for Academic Credit
Our unique and well-developed program provides students with the opportunity to take the principles, theories and best practices learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world situations in a structured environment. We in CES believe that Experiential Learning is a key component of educating our students, as well as preparing graduates to be competent and competitive upon graduation.
|October 25, 2019||Fall 2019 Internship|
*Future dates and deadlines are subject to change.
Note for International Students
Career Exploration & Services collaborates with International Student Support Services to coordinate internship placements for international students. To start your internship placement process, please contact the International Student Support Services Office. Thank you for your interest in participating in our program!
Meet with the Career Exploration Coordinator
Please login to your Handshake account using your UAA username and password to schedule an Internship Orientation. Feel free to call us at 907-786-4500.
Internships coordinated by Career Exploration & Services
- Construction Management
Connect with your Faculty Internship Advisor
Your faculty internship advisor will approve of the internship that is aligned with your degree.
- Credit Requirement: Students must be enrolled in a minimum of six credits during the fall or spring semester. Those credits may include the student internship. During the summer semester, students must be enrolled in 1-3 credits, which can include the student internship.
- GPA Requirement: Please check the course catalog for specific GPA requirements for your internship course.
- Alaska Minimum Wage Requirement: Career Exploration & Services can only coordinate internships in which students earn minimum hourly wage or higher. Under certain circumstances, a student may work for a non-profit organization that meets the DOL six standards for a legitimate internship as an unpaid intern.
- Maximum Weekly Hours: Interns may only count up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer semester and academic breaks, interns may count up to 40 hours per week. This does not apply to international students.
- International Student Requirements: All international students please visit the UAA International Student Services Office for work requirements.
- Self-support Program Fee: Students must register for the internship class through Career Exploration & Services to ensure enrollment in the proper course. A $95.00 self-support program fee is assessed (in addition to tuition costs).
- Internship Class Enrollment Guidelines: Internships are not limited to the academic calendar. However, an “Incomplete” or a “Deferred” will be assigned for the course at the end of the academic semester if the internship runs beyond the current semester. The incomplete/deferred will be removed upon successful completion of the course and the submission of necessary paperwork to Enrollment Services. Special circumstances may apply if the student receives financial aid. If the student enrolls in the internship course after the designated deadline to register for directed and independent studies, and practicum, internship, research and thesis courses, the student must enroll for the following semester. See the current UAA Registration Deadlines.
- Internship Completion Requirements: Grades for student internships will not be issued until the following is completed:
- Accumulate a minimum of 75 hours per credit (3 credits = 225 minimum hours) at internship placement by the end date as stated in the Learning Agreement. Additional proof of hours accrued may be requested.
- Submission of midway and final evaluations from the employer.
- Conference call between the Career Exploration Coordinator (Internship Coordinator), the intern, and the intern’s supervisor.
- Submission of a Technical Report reflection paper about your placement experience. This paper is due no later than 7 days after the official end date of the internship or at a date set by the faculty advisor. Additional deadlines may also be contained in the course syllabus.
- Additional requirements as assigned by your faculty advisor.