Career Services Resources
During your time at UAA, take advantage of our professional development resources. Check out our resource library for help with exploring majors and career options, writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews, and much more!
Seawolf Career Closet
The Seawolf Career Closet is a new campus resource that will provide new and gently used professional attire and hygiene items to UAA students free of charge, with the goal of helping students access basic needs and removing any barriers that may prevent them from presenting the best impression possible at job interviews and career fairs. Students can obtain 1 free outfit per semester. To access the closet please make an appointment on Handshake. Simply login with you UA username and password, select 'career center' and then 'appointments'.
About the closet:
- Students can select one complete outfit per semester (4 items)
- Career Services staff will be onsite to answer questions and help with wardrobe selection
- Private and secure changing room space will be available
- Available to all current UAA students
About the items:
- Gently-used clothing items have been donated by staff, alumni, and employer partners
- We cannot guarantee that clothing has been washed or dry-cleaned prior to donation, or that small imperfections don’t exist
- We have intentionally procured a variety of items in a wide range of sizes and styles (while supplies last)
- Items include: Blazers, sweaters, blouses, shirts, dress pants, dresses, skirts, ties, belts, shoes, bags, and more
- Cover Letters
Samples and templates
- Cover letter sample for professional positions
- Cover letter sample for on-campus student employment
- Cover letter samples by job title - Indeed
- Cover letter template (To use this resource please select "file' and 'make a copy')
The interview is one of the most important steps in the job search process. It gives you the chance to elaborate on how your education, skills, and experience make you a unique and qualified candidate. Hoping to ace your next interview? Visit the resources below for interview preparation tips and tricks:
- Job Search & Networking
Searching for a job or internship can be overwhelming. Whether you are searching for your first position, returning after time away, or just looking for something new Career Services is here to help. Use the resource guides and videos below to help you get started.
Networking is a great way to make connections, build professional relationships, and give yourself a leg up in the job search process. It's a great way to find mentors or new job opportunities. Looking to expand your network? Check out the following guides:
- Major & Career Exploration
Discover which careers and majors best fit your skills, values, and personality traits with our major and career exploration guide, or use the resources below for more ways to survey your options.
- Identity-Based Resources
UAA Career Services is committed to providing resources to our entire diverse student body. Below please find selected resources for special populations and affinity groups. If you have a question about any of the resources you see here or if you are searching for a particular resource please contact us at email@example.com.
Neurodivergent in the workplace
LGBTQ2IA+ in the workplace
- All Gender Restrooms
- Gender Inclusive Housing
- HelpLine is available 7 days a week between 6pm and 11pm for resources, referrals, or a sympathetic ear (contact: 907-258-4777)
- Identity, Inc. has the goal to advance Alaska’s GBTQ community through advocacy, education, and connectivity
- Student Health and Counseling Center (SHCC) provides high quality, respectful, and gender-affirming physical and mental healthcare for all students
- Pride Center provides programs, services, and events for LGBTQ and two-spirit members of the UAA community (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)