Kimberly PaceTerm Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science and Women's Studies
I grew up in the thriving metropolis of Soldotna, Alaska!
I did my undergraduate work at the University of Montana and graduate work at Miami University in Ohio, and I have been teaching at UAA since 1998. My primary interests include Comparative Politics, International Relations and American Government.
I am the Faculty Director of Model United Nations of Alaska and the Director of Women's Studies here at UAA, and teach classes both face-to-face and online. I am inspired by the issues of Climate Change & Sustainability.
I have a strange affection for the color purple (the color not the movie although that was a great film). If you have any questions, or if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduction to American Government
- Introduction to Political Science
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Power, Authority, and Governance (LSIC)
- Model United Nations
- Constitutional Law
- Women in Politics
Professional & Department Service
- 2011 UAA Chancellor's Award for Excellence in University Diversity
- 2008 Recipient, Chancellor’s Fund Award for Research, Scholarship
- Faculty Advisor for OUT (GLBT Student Club)
- Faculty Advisor for the Third Wave Club
- Faculty Advisor for MUN Student Club
- State Network Coordinator for Office of Women in Higher Education
- Member of the Diversity Action Council
- Member of the NCBI (National Coalition Building Institute) Leadership Team