Children’s Mental Health Graduate Certificate
Explore the children’s mental health graduate certificate program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
UAA’s graduate certificate in children’s mental health builds on your knowledge and
skills developed in current or previous graduate studies to expand your skill set,
expertise and clinical experience.
Children’s mental health scholarships and financial aid
Learn more about how you can qualify and apply for financial aid from UAA.
Some of the children’s mental health coursework is offered online, so you can fulfill program requirements while gaining clinical practice, finishing your master’s degree or balancing other responsibilities.
Customize your certificate
Develop an individual graduate studies plan to choose what you want to focus on with help from an academic advisor.
Did you know..
The children’s mental health graduate certificate is designed for students who are currently enrolled in or have recently graduated from masters’-level programs in behavioral health and related disciplines.
What can you do with a children’s mental health graduate certificate from UAA?
With a stronger understanding of children’s mental health practices in Alaska’s rural
and urban communities, program alumni work across disciplines in psychology, social
work and education.
Children’s mental health careers
- Social and community service managers
- Child, family and school social workers
Children’s mental health graduate certificate program highlights
Coursework and clinical experiences strengthen competencies for education, social work and psychology jobs that specialize in children's mental health.
- Get academic support and make the most of your certificate. Faculty advisors help you develop your individual graduate studies plan by providing support as you choose course topics that fulfill your goals and the program requirements.
- Network with children’s behavioral health professionals in the community. The program curriculum is designed to provide a variety of opportunities to meet and learn from experienced practitioners working with Alaska’s diverse populations.
- Receive guidance and instruction from expert faculty. Classes are taught by professionals with extensive experience in children’s mental health.
Children’s mental health graduate certificate program curriculumBuild your own plan of study. Following competency guidelines derived from state and national children’s mental health workforces, the program requirements allow you to choose classes from your own discipline while connecting them with classes focused on mental health treatment for children and their families.
Top classes for children’s mental health majors
- Multidisciplinary Seminar in Children's Mental Health
- Children's Mental Health Systems of Care