Geomatics ABET Accreditation
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Geomatics program:
- Have attempted the AELS Board’s Fundamentals of Surveying examination, if they are pursuing careers in the surveying area.
- Have attempted equivalent professional certification or registration, e.g., CP or GISP, as appropriate for their career path, if they are pursuing careers in a non-surveying area.
- Obtain membership in one or more professional organizations relevant to their career of choice.
- Be employed in the fields within the geomatics disciplines, including surveying of various types, mapping and cartography, GIS/LIS, remote sensing, geodesy, photogrammetry or hydrographic surveying.
- Continue their professional development by participating in professional development courses or sessions, or complete higher education courses.
- Teach at least one workshop or training session, make one conference presentation, or publish one article relevant to their career.