Your First Appointment
STEP 1: Prepare for your first appointment:
Before your first advising session, all students who are new to UAA must:
- Apply to UAA
- Submit all required documents (i.e., transcripts, test scores, etc.)
- Take the Writing Placement Exam* (ACCUPLACER) - This exam must be scheduled, and can be taken at the University Center. *If you have an ACT English score at or above 22, or an Evidence Based Reading & Writing SAT score at or above 560, you do not need to take the take the Accuplacer.
- Take the Math & Statistics Placement Exam (ALEKS). Unlike the Accuplacer, the ALEKS can be taken at your convenience, on any computer. All incoming students must complete the ALEKS for Math placement.
- Know how to log onto UAOnline
- If you have forgotten or need to set up your username or password, go to Elmo (me.uaa.alaska.edu) for instructions.
STEP 2: How to get the most from your advising session:
- Start by reviewing the College of Engineering website to determine your areas of interest, and jot down any questions you have to bring with you to your appointment.
- Review UAA's website for information about admissions procedures, registration, financial aid and other general UAA information, to see if you have additional questions.
- To learn more about UAA, take a virtual tour, view requirements and costs, arrange an on-campus tour, and see all of the opportunities available to you as a Seawolf!
- For assistance in understanding UAA's registration information
- Don't hesitate to ask follow-up questions about helpful resources, joining student clubs, or anything else. Get involved in creating your educational experience!