This morning, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
Your First Appointment
STEP 1: Prepare for your first appointment:
Before your first advising session, all students who are new to UAA must:
- Apply to UAA
- Submit all required documents (i.e., transcripts, test scores, etc.)
- Take the Writing Placement Exam* (ACCUPLACER) - This exam must be scheduled, and can be taken at the University Center. *If you have an ACT English score at or above 22, or an Evidence Based Reading & Writing SAT score at or above 560, you do not need to take the take the Accuplacer.
- Take the Math & Statistics Placement Exam (ALEKS). Unlike the Accuplacer, the ALEKS can be taken at your convenience, on any computer. All incoming students must complete the ALEKS for Math placement.
- Know how to log onto UAOnline
- If you have forgotten or need to set up your username or password, go to Elmo (me.uaa.alaska.edu) for instructions.
STEP 2: How to get the most from your advising session:
- Start by reviewing the College of Engineering website to determine your areas of interest, and jot down any questions you have to bring with you to your appointment.
- Review UAA's website for information about admissions procedures, registration, financial aid and other general UAA information, to see if you have additional questions.
- To learn more about UAA, take a virtual tour, view requirements and costs, arrange an on-campus tour, and see all of the opportunities available to you as a Seawolf!
- For assistance in understanding UAA's registration information
- Don't hesitate to ask follow-up questions about helpful resources, joining student clubs, or anything else. Get involved in creating your educational experience!