The purpose of the Kris Knudson Memorial Scholarship Fund is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students who are formally admitted into a degree-seeking program in the area of biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is $1,000 for undergraduate student and $1,500 for graduate student per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking program in the area of biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits for undergraduate and nine (9) credits for graduate) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Undergraduate applicant must have completed at least fifteen (15) credits in chemistry, biological sciences, and/or natural sciences. Graduate applicant must have earned a baccalaureate degree and completed at least fifteen (15) credits undergraduate in chemistry, biological science, and/or natural sciences.
- Graduate applicant must be involved in a research project within the area of biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit the additional information below:
Graduate applicants must submit a brief essay (250 word max) describing their involvement in a research project related to biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology. Please type essay into text box provided below.