For more detailed information about eligibility requirements, see the UA Scholars Student Handbook.
UA Scholars Award
In order to continue receiving the UA Scholars Award each year, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Be admitted to an undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate program (some Occupational Endorsement Certificates are eligible for use with the UA Scholars Award but not all, check their eligibility on the Academic Programs page)
- Enroll full-time in a minimum of 12 credits each semester, unless you’ve been granted a prior exception by the UA Scholars Award Program
- Achieve a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Earn the following amount of course credits according to how many award disbursements
- After 2 disbursements: 24 credits
- After 4 disbursements: 54 credits
- After 6 disbursements: 84 credits
Filing a new FAFSA each year is also recommended but not required. We suggest filing each year, no later than February 15 to maximize your chances of also being awarded UA Foundation or UAA scholarships.
When will my UA Scholars Award be paid to my student account?
UAA is permitted to release known UA Scholars Program awards to student accounts 10 days before the first day of classes.