Undergraduate and Graduate/Professional Students
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling: Students who have not previously received a loan under the Direct Loan Program are required to complete the online tutorial to ensure that they understand the responsibilities and obligations assumed when borrowing a loan.
- The entire counseling process must be completed in a single session.
- Most people complete counseling in 20-30 minutes.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN): This is an official, legal document also known as a “loan agreement,” in which the borrower agrees to terms, conditions, and repayment requirements for a federal student loan(s).
- Once completed, this MPN will be applied to subsequent Federal Student Loans borrowed in the next 10 years. Which means you only need to complete it once unless you borrow again 10 years later.
- The entire MPN process must be completed in a single session.
- Be prepared to provide contact information for two references.
- Most people complete it in 20-30 minutes.