Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that there is a lot of information to know when it comes to your student account; that is why we have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions. Do you have a question about UAA's credit card policies, when you can expect your financial aid refund, or release of information? We have answers for you!

General Student Account Questions

  • As a student, how do I grant access for a parent, guardian, spouse, or other party to make a payment on my account?

    Students may authorize a parent, spouse, or other persons assisting them with their educational goals to make online payments on their student account. Follow these steps to set up an authorized user:

    1. Log into UAOnline
    2. Go to the Student Services & Account Information tab
    3. Select Student Account
    4. Select Make Payments
    5. Select the current Term from the drop down menu and click the Submit button
    6. Acknowledge any applicable Consents and Agreements
    7. Click the Pay Now button
    8. Select Authorized Users

    Students may also complete an Authorization to Release Education Record Information Form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar. The individual authorized on this form can then make payments at the Cashiering Office. Student account information will not be shared with anyone but the student unless an authorization form is on file.

  • What is the UAA Office of the Bursar? 

    The UAA Office of Bursar serves the university community by managaing student billing and is the central collections point for all university receipts. 

  • Can I print my Schedule Bill? 
    To access the On Demand Schedule Bill, access the payment portal in the same manner as making a payment or enrolling in a payment plan:
      1. Log in to UAOnline with their UA username and password 
      2. Go to the Student Services & Account Information tab
      3. Select Student Account
      4. Select Make Payments or View an OnDemand Schedule-Bill
      5. Acknowledge any application Consents and Agreements
      6. Select the "View On Demand Schedule Bill"
      7. Select Term and Submit

    The On Demand Schedule Bill will download and/or print however it appears on the screen; the student can customize the level of detail downloaded/printed by expanding or closing the arrows for each category. On Demand Schdedule Bill Example 

    Following the above steps will take the student to the payment portal, where they can click the On Demand Schedule Bill button. 
  • When is my payment due?

    Please see Important Dates and Deadlines for past and future payment deadlines and late fee assessment dates.   

    Important Note: If you register for a late-starting course prior to UAA's published payment deadline, payment is due by 5pm on the published payment deadline, even if the course has not yet begun. If you register for a late-starting course after UAA's published payment deadline, payment is due at the time of registration. Please review the UAA Catalog's Financial Obligations & Payment section for more information regarding payment for late-starting courses.

  • I submitted my Employee Tuition Waiver, but I don't see it on my account?

    Our office will begin to apply tuition waivers to student accounts about 2 weeks prior to the start of the current semester.
    All tuition waivers received before payment deadline of any semester will be processed by the deadline. Payment (including waiver submission) must be submitted by the payment deadline to avoid late fee(s)

  • What happens if I do not pay my balance in full by the payment deadline?

    If your account is unpaid after the payment deadline it will be subject to late fee assessment and your student account will be put on hold. You may be unable to view grades, add or drop courses and order transcripts until your account has been paid in full. 

    Accounts with unpaid balances over 180 days old are in default and are therefore subject to placement with 3rd party collection agencies. Being sent to collections may have a negative impact on your credit and increase your repayment costs through collection fees. If you have a delinquent account, your Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) may be garnished under Alaska Statute 14.40.251 and Alaska Statute 43.23.190.

  • How can I avoid late fees?

    The best way to avoid late fees is to have payment arrangements well before the payment deadline. We also recommend reviewing your account on payment deadline to ensure any late added charges are paid prior to 5pm.

    This means making sure all necessary paperwork is submitted to financial aid in a timely fashion, informing scholarship donors of the payment deadline or setting up a payment plan to cover any outstanding balance. 

  • What are my options if I do not have the money to pay my balance?

    Please visit our Payment Plan & Student Account Center webpage for information on available payment plans to assist you in paying your balance over monthly installments.

    You may also visit the UAA Office of Financial Aid for other aid options. 

  • How do I drop or withdraw from my course(s) if I have a hold on my account?

    Students with a hold on their account can still drop classes by:

    A 100 percent refund of tuition and fees is automatically processed when official drop activity is completed before the add/drop deadline. No refund is issued after the deadline.

    After the add/drop deadline, students may withdraw from classes up until the semester withdrawal deadline as long as no grade has been assigned for the class. Students may withdraw from full-semester classes using the drop procedures listed above.

  • How do I obtain a Wolfcard?
    Click here WolfCard for more inforation. 
  • I am an Alaska Resident, but I'm being charged as a Non-Resident.
    The Office of Admissions likely does not have the documentation necessary to support your residency status. Complete the University of Alaska Application for Resident Tuition Assessment, include any required documention, and submit it to the Office of Admissions for review and processing. 
  • Can I use my Federal financial aid (Title IV) to pay a balance from a prior year?
    With written authorization, using the Title IV Authorization Form, we may apply $200 per aid year to a prior academic year balance. If you owe more than $200, please contact us to make payment arrangements. 
  • When will I receive my Athletic Stipend?

    Athletic stipend checks processed each semester after the add/drop deadline. Your coach will make an announcement on the expected process date. Your funds will be received either through direct deposit or by paper check in the mail. The quickest method to recieve your stipend is to enroll in direct deposit.


Student Account Refunds & Financial Aid Disbursements

  • When will my aid be released to me? 
    At the beginning of each term, Financial Aid will begin to post 10 days before the start of the semester. 
  • How fast will I get my Refund? 
    Please allow 3-5 business days from the date your refund is processed for the funds to be deposited to your bank account. Checks may be received 7-10 business days after your refund is processed.
  • Where was my check mailed?
    Checks are mailed to the mailing address (MA) in your student account. You can view or update this address in UAOnline.
  • How do I know if I'm signed up for direct deposit? 

    You can view or change your direct deposit information at UAOnline:

    1. Student Services and Account Information

    2. Go to Direct Deposit Services to view existing direct deposit setup:

        • View your direct deposit setup
        • Change your direct deposit account
        • First time set up for direct deposit
    Please Note: Any changes to direct deposit become effective the following business day
  • Can I pick up my check? 

    Due to the high volume of refunds that are processed through our office, we do not allow students to pick up checks. In addition, not having a valid mailing address is not a valid reason to pick up a check. If you would like to receive your refund more quickly, please enroll in direct deposit as they take priority to printed checks. 

    If you are already signed up for direct deposit, canceling your direct deposit to have a check printed will not allow for a faster refund. 

  • I think my check got lost in the mail, what should I do? 

    If it has been more than 10 business days, you may request a Stop Pay and check reissue by contacting our office. An $18.50 fee applies to all Stop Pay requests. To avoid lost and returned checks, please enroll in direct deposit via UAOnline to have your refunds put directly into your bank account.  

  • How do I return loan money that has been disbursed to me?

    You can return loan money within 14 days of disbursement. Please file a loan revision request form with financial aid. Any refund received can be returned through the Cashier's office either by returning your un-cashed check or by cash, or by personal check if you received direct deposit. Any balance resulting from a return of loan monies is due by the payment deadline. 

  • Why didn't my financial aid pay for my parking permit, library fines, book fines, orientation charges, late fees, or health center charges? 

    Federal student financial aid can only cover "institutional charges" as defined by the U.S. Department of Education. This definition includes current year charges for tuition, fees and on-campus room and board. Unless authorization is received, federal financial aid (Title IV) cannot be used to cover non-institutional charges such as: housing damages, parking permits, parking fines, library fine, returned check fees, health center charges, late fees or any charges not directly tied to taking a class. 

    You may submit a Title IV Authorization form to have these charges paid for by your federal financial aid. A maximum amount of $200 per aid year can be applied to a prior year debt. If you owe more than $200 in a past aid year, please contactthe Bursar Office  to arrange payment.

  • My refund got sent to the wrong bank account, or the credit card I paid with is closed. What should I do?

    The Office of the Bursar is typically notified 5-7 business days after initiation of a direct deposit if it has been rejected. Rejection of a direct deposit will prompt a paper check to print. Please make sure your mailing address is up to date to receive the check as quickly as possible. 

    If you paid with credit/debit card, your refund will be credited back to your account. If that account is closed, your bank will re-route your refund to your new card or issue you a refund. Please contact your bank or credit card company for more information regarding the status of your refund. 

    UAA's refund policy is published in the UAA Catalog. 

  • What is Title IV?

    Title IV is the section of the Higher Education Act of 1965 that regulates the administration of the U.S. federal student financial aid programs. Title IV refers to federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, TEACH grants, Direct PLUS Loans, Pell Grants, SEOG and Federal Work-Study funding. For further assistance with this form of financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.

  • I am expecting a private donor scholarship, how do I know when it has arrived to UAA?

    Once the check arrives to UAA, it will be logged into our paperless repository. The award will then funnel through the Financial Aid office, then to Cashiering for application to the student account.

    Due to the manual nature of these awards, processing time can take up to 10 business days from the arrival of the check to UAA.

    Because many scholarships have enrollment requirements, dropping or withdrawing from courses after a scholarship has been posted to your student account may result in the funds being returned to the donor, creating a balance due to UAA on your student account.

    To ensure timely payment, please refer to your donor's requirements. Advise your donors of the UAA instructions on our Student Sponsorship site.

  • I am sponsored by an outside UA entity, how will I know when the payment is posted for that sponsorship?

    Once UAA has received the proper authorization from the outside entity/agency, the charges that are authorized should clear off of your account. We process daily; during the high peak times, it may take 5-7 business days to see those charges paid on your account. Monitor your account on UAOnline.


    1. If you change your schedule after the original authorization was processed, please let our offices know so we can review and adjust your student account as needed.
    2. If the agency does not cover all the costs/charges on your student account, you will be responsible for paying the remaining amounts by the payment deadline or your account will be subject to late fees and holds preventing future registration.
    3. Authorization must be received prior to the payment deadline to avoid late fees.
  • I am Post 9/11 GI Bill recipient, how does it work?
    1. Start the process of certification by contacting Military and Veterans Student Services.
    2. Once the certification is made and after the add/drop deadline, the University will submit a payment request to the VA on your behalf. 
    3. Any fees or tuition above and beyond what the VA certifies is the students responsibility to pay by the UAA Payment Deadline.
    4. Generally speaking, your student account will be in a deferred state up to the amount covered by the VA. 


Paying Your Bill

Credit/Debit Cards


Web Checks (ACH)




Eugene Short Hall, Suites 102 & 204
2601 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508 

Mailing Address

UAA Office of the Bursar
PO Box 141609
Anchorage, AK 99514

Call Center & Service Window Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-5pm
Wednesday 1pm-5pm