The Office of the Bursar forms are available in online (digital signature) format, which requires logging in with your UA Username and Password. To retrieve your username and password, visit me.uaa.alaska.edu. Please contact our office if you need a hard copy form mailed.
- Petition for Refund (Tuition & Course Fees)
The purpose of the Petition for Refund process is to provide support to students who are unable to complete courses due to exceptional circumstances that occurred during the semester. In all cases, supporting documentation and a personal statement from the student are required, explaining the exceptional circumstances that arose or came to light after published deadlines. For a request to be considered, a final grade must be assigned to the course (Withdrawal, Failing, or No Basis). Incomplete grades and courses for which registration is still active are ineligible for refund consideration. The deadline to submit a Petition for Refund is no later than one academic year following the semester in which the course was offered. Requests that are not received within this time frame will not be considered. UAA's full refund policy is published in the UAA Catalog.
These forms require Single Sign On with your UA Username and Password. To retrieve your username and password, visit me.uaa.alaska.edu.
Please Note: The Petition for Refund processes cannot be used for requesting waivers of mandatory student fees. Mandatory Student Fees are not refundable unless a student drops all courses during the 100% refund period. The Petition for Refund process also may not be used to request a refund for Bookstore charges. Please visit the Bookstore website for contact information related to refunds.
- Petition for Refund (Late Fees only)
The purpose of the Petition for Refund (Late Fees) process is to provide support to students who are unable to pay their bill by published deadlines due to exceptional circumstances. Students are held financially and academically responsible for all courses for which they register, regardless of any anticipated aid not yet received by the university. In all cases, supporting documentation and a personal statement from the student are required, explaining the exceptional circumstances. The balance must be paid in full prior to submission of the request. The deadline to submit a Petition for Refund is no later than one academic year following the semester in which the charge was incurred. Requests that are not received within this time frame will not be considered. UAA's full Financial Obligations policy is published in the UAA Catalog.
- Title IV Authorization
Title IV Financial Aid funds are federal student aid dollars administered by the U.S. Department of Education and include Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans, Direct PLUS Loans, Federal Pell Grants, and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG).
Federal regulations allow schools to use Title IV financial aid to pay current academic year institutional charges, including tuition, mandatory fees, and room & board (if contracted with the university). The university will automatically apply your Title IV financial aid toward current institutional charges on your student account.
However, by law, other miscellaneous non-institutional charges you may incur throughout the academic year, as well as prior aid year charges, cannot be paid with Title IV financial aid without your written consent. This leaves you with the responsibility to pay these charges, even if you receive a financial aid refund. Common non-institutional student account charges include, but are not limited to:
- Textbookx charges
- Parking permits
- Parking citations
- Library fines
- New Student Orientation fees
- Health center charges
- Housing damage charges
- Check stop-payment fees
Completion of the Title IV Authorization Form allows the university to use your Title IV financial aid in excess of your current institutional charges to pay any remaining charges on your student account, including non-institutional charges (except late fees) and/or prior aid year charges up to $200, per federal regulations.
- Loan Revision Request
The Revision Request form will allow the UAA Office of Financial Aid to make adjustments to your existing financial aid awards after you have initially accepted or declined them via UAOnline. If you have not accepted or declined your award via UAOnline and wish to do so, instructions are available on the UAA Office of Financial Aid website. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid directly for questions regarding Revision Requests.
- Authorization to Release Education Record Information
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, UAA is limited in the information we can share with individuals and agencies other than directly with the student. If students wish UAA to discuss student account information with parents, spouses, or others assisting them with their educational goals, they must provide written authorization by completing the Authorization to Release Education Record Information form. The completed form and a copy of photo ID must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
Please Note: While the authorization form allows UAA to discuss specific student account information with the authorized individual, it does not authorize that individual to act on behalf of the student.
- Student-Initiated Drop/Withdraw
If you have a financial hold on your student account, you will not be able to make changes to your registration in UAOnline. To drop or withdraw from a course with a hold on your account, you must use the Student-Initiated Drop/Withdraw form.
- Log in with your UA Username and Password
- Forms must be submitted by 5pm on the deadline day.
- Deadlines for dropping/withdrawing can be found on the Dates and Deadlines Calendar.
- Verifying processing within 1-3 days on UAOnline.
- Employee/Dependent Tuition Waiver and Payroll Deduction
Tuition Waiver Requests for Employees (Faculty, Staff, Adjunct), Spouses, & Dependents
Please read important instructions below before submitting your tuition waiver:
- Employee/Spouse/Dependent Tuition Waivers are available electronically on the University of Alaska Benefits - Education webpage.
- ETW waives tuition only.
- You are responsible for any student and/or course fees associated with the course(s).
- Payment (including waiver submission) must be submitted by the payment deadline to avoid late fee(s)
- ETW forms are only accepted until the last day of class for the term in question, submissions past the term end date will be denied.
For more information, including eligibility and restrictions, see University Regulation 04.06.010 (Employee Education Benefits). Waivers will start to be processed approximately two weeks prior to the first day of the semester.
Payroll Deduction Request
- Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver
UAA welcomes senior citizens to its classrooms and waives tuition for those eligible under Board of Regents policy R05.10.080.B. Regular tuition shall be waived for Alaska residents who meet the following criteria: they must be age 65 by the first day of instruction of the semester they must register on a space available basis. "Space available basis" means when courses can accommodate such students in addition to other enrolled students.
Follow three easy steps to complete registration:
If you have not taken classes in the last two years, complete a Non-Degree Application for Admission at UAOnline
Find the class or classes you want to take and write down class information, including the CRN number. Do not register before the first day of the semester.
Submit a Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Request Form to the UAA Office of the Bursar:
- digital signature (access with your UA Username and Password)
- PDF (print and sign)
Please note these important facts about the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver (SCTW):
- SCTW waives tuition only.
- SCTW is only accepted for classes registered for on or after the first day of instruction for semester and on a space-available basis.
- Seniors are responsible for any student and/or course fees associated with the course(s).
- Payment must be submitted by the payment deadline to avoid late fee(s).
- SCTW forms are only accepted until the last day of class for the term in question; submissions past the term end date will be denied.
- Waiver request forms may be submitted in person to the Office of the Bursar located in Eugene Short Hall or electronically via the digital signature form. Scanned signatures are not accepted unless they are sent from your alaska.edu address, which requires authentication via Single Sign On with your UA credentials.
- For more information, including eligibility and restrictions, see Regents Policy 05.10.080.B.
- Wolfcard Application
Your Wolfcard is your official UAA ID. Other reasons you need your Wolfcard:
- It's your library card
- It's your U-Pass - Free use of the City Bus System/Valley Mover*
- It's your access to movies, concerts, and all venues in the Seawolf Sports Complex
- It's a way to pay for many services on campus, like printing and meals
- It's convenient: Forget about carrying cash, checks or credit cards
- It's fast: the WolfCard will always have exact change, so it's faster than cash!
You can get your Wolf Card (Current semester students and current staff/faculty) at the Eugene Short Hall, room 102. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, closed for lunch Noon-1pm and Wednesday's 1pm-5pm. You can also get a Wolf Card at the Consortium Library.
*Payment of the Consolidated Fee or Transportation Fee is required
Students and employees who have received their university credentials (UA Username and Password) can complete the digital Wolfcard Application Form. Paper forms are available at the Office of Bursar - Cashiering for all other card issuance needs.
LocationEugene Short Hall, Suites 102 & 204 2601 Providence Drive Anchorage, AK 99508
Mailing AddressUAA Office of the Bursar PO Box 141609 Anchorage, AK 99514
Call Center & Service Window HoursMonday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-5pm