Pay Your Bill

Pay Your Bill



Payments may be made online 24/7 via electronic check (ACH transfer from a personal checking or savings account) or credit/debit card. To Make a Payment online or to view your Schedule Bill:

  1. Login to UAOnline with your UA username and password (if you don't know your username or password, you may retrieve them from
  2. Select "Student Services & Account Information"
  3. Select "Student Account"
  4. Select "Make Payments or View an On Demand Schedule Bill"
  5. Acknowledge any applicable Consents and Agreements
  6. Select "Make Payment" or "Enroll in a Payment Plan"

Credit/Debit Card Payments

Credit/Debit card payments are accepted online only. VISA, MasterCard, Discover, JCB, ChinaUnion Pay, Diners Club or American Express are accepted. Domestic credit and debit card payments include a non-refundable 2.95% service fee, international card payments include a 4.25% service fee. In the event a credit balance is made on the account and a refund is due, payments made to the university by credit card will generally be credited back to the card up to the amount of the charge, subject to any applicable laws, regulations or agreements. Individuals paying with gift card or prepaid card should retain the card to preserve the ability to credit such card.

Electronic Checks (ACH transfer from a personal checking or savings account)

Electronic Checks are free (the service fee does not apply to these transactions). Your financial institution's routing/transfer number and your full account number are required for electronic check payments. This information is available on most financial institutions' websites and at the bottom of your paper checks. Please see the 'How to' document here to for instructions on finding your routing and account Information.

Cash & Checks

Payments may be made in person at Cashiering via cash, check*, bank/cashiers check, or money order. Make checks payable to UAA.

Outside of normal business hours, checks (NO CASH) may be dropped off in the drop box located outside the Cashiering suite. Any checks dropped overnight will be applied to your student account in 2-3 business days. Checks may also be mailed to:

UAA Office of the Bursar
ATTN: Cashiering
PO Box 141609
Anchorage, AK 99514

*Second and third party checks are not accepted. Retuned Checks will be assessed a $30 non-refundable processing fee. More Info

Alaska 529 Plan (T. Rowe Price)The University of Alaska College Savings Plan

Call 1-800-478-0003 to request distribution from your Alaska 529 Plan . You will need the UAID number, the amount to send via EFT (electronic funds transfer), and the semester to which you would like the payment applied. T.Rowe price will have UAA's bank information on file. Payment must be arranged at least 10 business days before the payment deadline to avoid late fees.

If your 529 account is with another administrator, you will need to contact them to request a transfer. You may need UAA's bank transfer information, which is available by calling UAA Cashiering at 786-1440. If sending a check, please make it payable to UAA and include the name and UAID number of the student. Please contact Cashiering for bank transfer information if sending other EFTs.

All 529 plan payments take 7-10 business days to be received by the university. Payments must be received by the payment deadline to avoid late fee assessment. Please ensure your payment is requested at least 10 days prior to payment deadline. Once received by the university, it may take up to one week for the payment to be applied to the student account. Due to FERPA regulations, parents must have a signed authorization to release information from the student when inquiring about the student's account.

Domestic (US) Wire Transfer

You may pay your student bill by sending funds via wire transfer. Please include your student ID number and full name in the wire transmission. To obtain UAA's bank and routing number information, please contact Cashiering at 907-786-1440.

International Currency or Wire TransferFlywire Logo

UAA offers a cost effective international payment solution through Flywire can send payment from: bank transfer, electronic payment, online bill pay, Visa, MasterCard, eWallet, or UnionPay directly to UAA. To pay using Flywire:

  1. Go to Flywire website
  2. Create a Flywire Account
  3. Complete payment details
  4. Send payment. Tracking & Confirmation are available through your Flywire account.

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, UAA is limited in the information we can share with individuals and agencies other than directly with the student, even if the student is a minor. If students wish UAA to discuss student account information with parents, spouses, or others assisting them with their educational goals, they must provide written authorization by completing the Authorization to Release Education Record Information form. The completed form and a copy of photo ID must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

Please Note: While the authorization form allows UAA to discuss specific student account information with the authorized individual, it does not authorize that individual to act on behalf of the student.




Disbursement of Financial Aid & Other Forms of Payment in Excess of Charges

If the total of your financial aid is greater than the amount of your bill, you will receive a refund. You may elect to have your refunds sent to your bank account by setting up direct deposit via UAOnline. Otherwise, we will mail a check to the most recent mailing address you have provided UAA; please keep your address information current in UAOnline. Due to the high volume of checks processed, we do not allow checks to be picked up from our office.

  • The fastest way to receive your refund is to enroll in Direct Deposit via UAOnline
  • Contact the Office of Financial Aid regarding student loans, SAP and other financial aid questions
  • Due to the high volume of refunds processed at the beginning of each semester, please allow 5-10 business days for your refund to be processed.

Excess Federal financial aid typically cannot be used to pay previous balances, according to Federal Regulations. If you owe an outstanding balance from a prior term, contact the Office of Financial Aid for the best advice on your available aid options. 

Tuition & Course Fee Refunds

Courses dropped by the published Add/Drop deadline for the semester are eligible for a 100% refund/charge reversal. Courses withdrawn from after the published drop deadline for the course are not eligible for a refund/charge reversal. In cases of extenuating circumstances preventing dropping a course by the published deadline or circumstances that arose after the deadline, students may submit a Petition for Refund request. Please refer to the Financial Obligations & Payment section of the UAA Catalog for UAA's refund policy.  

The Petition for Refund processes cannot be used to request waivers of mandatory student fees. Mandatory Student Fees are not refundable unless courses are dropped during the 100% refund period. The Petition for Refund process also may not be used to request a refund for Bookstore charges. Please visit the Bookstore website for contact information related to textbook refunds. If you have been charged non-resident tuition surcharge, contact the Office of Admissions regarding your Alaska Residency status.

Please contact the Office of the Bursar at 786-1440 or if you have questions regarding your refund. 

The Revision Request form will allow the UAA Office of Financial Aid to make adjustments to your existing financial aid awards after you have initially accepted or declined them via UAOnline. If you have not accepted or declined your award via UAOnline and wish to do so, instructions are available on the UAA Office of Financial Aid website. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid directly for questions regarding Revision Requests.

You have until the last day of the semester a disbursement was issued or thirty days, whichever is greater, to return loan funds to your lender through UAA. Please complete a Revision Request form to return funds. You may remit payment (if you received direct deposit) or return your uncashed check to the Office of the Bursar located in Eugene Short Hall suite 204 or by mailing it to:

UAA Office of the Bursar
PO Box 141609
Anchorage AK 99514

If you would like to return funds outside of this time frame, please return funds directly to your lender. 

Returned checks

Paper checks will be mailed to your mailing address (MA). If your check is returned due to bad mailing address, a hold will be placed on your account until your address has been updated at UAOnline. Once you have updated your address, contact our office to request a check reissue. Due to volume of checks, we do not allow check pick up.

Lost Checks

If you believe your check is lost or have not received it within 10 business days from the date it was issued, you may contact the Office of the Bursar to request a stop-pay filed on the check. A non-refundable fee of $18.50 applies to all stop-pays and will be deducted from the amount of the check. A replacement check will be issued; this process generally takes 5-7 business days. 

Unclaimed Checks

UAA makes an attempt to notify payees of uncashed checks on an annual basis. If you have a stale dated check, you may return it to the disbursements office to have it reissued at no cost. If you no longer have the check or never received it, you may request a stop pay and have the check reissued. Checks that have been issued more than 180 days ago and remain uncashed may be turned over to the State of Alaska Unclaimed Property. 



Holds and Collections


A hold is a method of communication on the student account to indicate to students that they have an action item to address. Holds may restrict certain activities or be informational in nature. The university may place holds on student accounts for various reasons including financial, advising, informational, disciplinary, etc. The Office of the Bursar can assist with most holds that are financial in nature. Below are common hold types that are placed for financial reasons:

Hold Type Reason Restricted Activities Contact
AR Past Due Balance over $500 Registration,  Grades, Transcripts, Diplomas Office of the Bursar
BR Past Due Balance under $500 None Office of the Bursar
FH Returned payments or balance requiring review Registration,  Grades, Transcripts, Diplomas Office of the Bursar
AM Memo Hold (Informational Account Note) None Office of the Bursar
CO Account status is in default (180 days or more past due) and has been placed with a 3rd party collection agency. Registration,  Grades, Transcripts, Diplomas, Payments directly to the university Office of the Bursar
WO Balance has been moved to bad debt due to its age Registration,  Grades, Transcripts, Diplomas, Payments in UAOnline Office of the Bursar
PM Parking Fine Transcripts Parking Services
HM Health Center Fees Transcripts Student Health & Counseling Center
LF Library fine for lost or unreturned items Transcripts and Grades Consortium Library

All tuition, fees, and other charges for the semester must be paid at the time of registration or by the published payment deadline; refer to the Academic Calendar for more details. Late-starting classes and miscellaneous charges added after the payment deadline should be paid when the charge is incurred and are subject to any subsequent late fee and hold assessments during the term. 

If you have a hold on your account that restricts registration activities and need to drop or withdraw from a course, you may do so by submitting the Student Initiated Drop Form.

Accounts with outstanding balances over 180 days old are in default and are therefore subject to placement with 3rd party collection agencies. UAA uses collection agencies to assist in maintaining low rates of default. Being sent to collections can negatively impact your credit and increase your repayment costs through collection fees; this is agreed to at the time of registration. To avoid this action on your account, please pay your account timely.

Once an account is placed with a 3rd party collection agency, it will not be recalled by the university unless the placement was a result of university error. All balances placed with an agency must be paid directly to the agency; the university is unable to accept payments directly.

UAA uses the following collection agencies:

Williams and Fudge Collections Agency
300 Chatham Ave, Rock Hill, SC 29730

200 CrossKeys Office Park, Fairport, NY 14450

Accounts with outstanding balances over 180 days old are in default and are therefore subject to PFD garnishment under Alaska Statute 14.40.251 and Alaska Statute 43.23.190.

If your account is sent for garnishment, additional details and instructions to appeal the process will be mailed to you at the address used in your PFD application.

Placement with collection agency does not stop the PFD garnishment process. Any amount received from the PFD is reported to the collection agency to adjust the remaining balance.




Eugene Short Hall, Suites 102 & 204
2601 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508 

Mailing Address

UAA Office of the Bursar
PO Box 141609
Anchorage, AK 99514

Call Center & Service Window Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-5pm
Wednesday 1pm-5pm