There are a lot of options when creating web calendars using 25Live. You can look through the defaults options on the Sample pages listed in the Navigation bar to the right. There are many changes that can be made to the different views and promotions spuds. In some cases, this can drastically change the calendars appearance. If you need ideas take a look at existing 25Live web calendars on our website. For a consultation or to start the process; submit a request for a new Web Calendar on the UAA Seawolf Tech Portal.
Advantages of Using 25Live Web Calendars
- Automatically updated event information from 25Live on a 30 minute cycle. Any changes to events or new events created within 25Live will be on your calendar within 30 minutes.
- Publish a single event to multiple calendars. This allows you to enter event information once but make it visible on Calendars across the UAA website. This includes the UAA Calendars located on the UAA Calendars webpage and the calendar on the Green & Gold email publications.
- Get dates or events published by other departments automatically in your calendar. For example; you can add the Public Academic Dates & Deadlines calendar events into your web calendar. This automatically add all campus closure dates into your calendar when they are added or updated by the Provost's office.
- Get Add your Calendar to those on the UAA Calendars webpage. 25Live allows us to publish the same calendar on different webpages in different formats. This allows us to maintain the UAA web navigation and formatting standards.
- Get Detailed Analytics of the usage of your calendar through 25Live publisher. This provides not just how many times the calendar on your webpage was visited but how many subscribes in which way, what events are the most visited and how frequently were events visited in the last 90 days by month. For an example see a print screen of the summary report or a pdf of the excel event detail report.
- Allow students and staff to get an entire calendar, multiple or single events in various
ways. Some of these options are pictured below. For full details watch our 25Live Web Features Video.
Below is an overview of what you will need to do to create a web calendar. If you have the required permissions, you can accomplish most of these steps without needing IT Services. The System Administrator is available to assist you at any point in the process if you need or want it. This includes consulting for ideas on how to do your web calendars and the options available to you.
- Decide who will be the Administrator(s) of your calendar(s) they will be responsible for setting up anything needed in 25Live to setup the calendar. The people creating events and adding them to your calendars do not need to be Administrators. This person will need Area Administrator or Marketing level permissions in 25Live. If your department is scheduling Locations or Resource in 25Live already you should already have an Area Administrator that can do this. If you don't know who this is please contact the 25Live System Administrator. If you would like UAA IT Services can be the Administrator for your calendar and you will not need to do steps 4, 5 & 7.
- Decide how you want to control what goes onto your Calendar. What goes onto a calendar is determined by a saved search in 25Live. So any criteria you can use to create a search can be used to control what goes on your calendar. If you want events to go through an approval process before appearing on your calendar, then you will need to use a Resource. Make sure that whatever you chose is accessible to the users that will be creating events you want on your calendar.
- Submit a request to have the Web Calendar created on the UAA Seawolf Tech Portal. Please provide the information for steps 1 & 2 if you have know it.
- Login to 25Live Publisher and publish your calendar. When you click publish make sure to look through the list of settings. The web name field is the name of your calendar that will be used by the OUCampus snippet to connect to your calendar. This web name must start with the campus identifier and a dash (Example: uaa-). It is recommended to shorten this web name to something easier to type but unique and descriptive enough to not be confused with other UAA web calendars.
- Copy settings from the *Template - Sample Calendar. This will give your calendar all of the campus colors, formatting and default setting for the views and promotion spuds. Please do not skip this step, some of the settings are required for ADA compliance.
- Decide what you want your calendar to look like (Calendar by Views or Promotion Spud) and what Navigation (Control Spuds) you want to use. Look at the Sample pages under this site to see the options available using the defaults. If you do not see what you want contact the System Administrator for more options.
- If you will be publishing the large calendar that uses Views, make sure to set what view you want as your default. If you are going to make the Tab Chooser Control Spud visible on your web calendar. Make sure to delete any views, on your calendar in publisher, that you do not want to show.
- Go to your website and add the 25Live Snippet you want to use for your Calendar. Change the calendar name to the web name of your calendar in 25Live Publisher.
- Publish your webpage.
- Academic Affairs - Academic Dates & Deadlines
- Alumni Relations
- Campus Bookstore - Bookstore Calendar
- Career Development - Career Events
- College of Arts - Harper Studio
- College of Engineering - Breakout Room Availability
- College of Engineering - Events
- Current Students - Wolfwire
- HPER - Wellness Events
- UAA Master Calendars