On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
25Live User Help
This page contains information to help you use and fix problems with 25Live. If you do not find the answer to your question or problem please contact the UAA IT Call Center.
Since 25Live is a web application, the browser and its settings you use can affect how the application works. 25Live will work in most browsers but for best operation you should make sure your browsers has the below settings for the 25Live website.
- Enable popups for https://25live.collegenet.com, for help try the web page How to Allow Popups by wikiHow.
- Set https://25live.collegenet.com as a trusted site, for help try the web page Add a Website to Trusted Sites by wikiHow.
- Clear your browser cache. If you do not clear you cache then your browser may be loading information that was saved on your computer instead of pulling directly from the application website. This is especially important after a upgrade to 25Live has been installed. There are a couple things you can do.
- Clear you cache a single time, for help try the web page Clear Your Browser's Cache by wikiHow.
- Set your browser to clear cache on close, for help try the web page Set Browser to Clear Cache When Closing by k12.
Please note these pages only contain the most commonly used browsers and may not have the most current instructions for your browsers. If these instructions do not have your browser or do not work you can try a web search or contact the UAA IT Call Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why isn't my Login working?
Below are the most common reasons that people have trouble logging in.
- Do not add @alaska.edu to your login name. Login and password should be exactly the same as when logging into UAOnline.
- If login and password automatically fill in when going to the webpage, try manually entering both. This is a browser function and it can pull old or incorrect information. It is never recommended to save logins and passwords in your browser.
- Repeated typo of password, this is actually very easy to do. This program does not warn you if you have caps lock on or number lock off. This is also common when people change keyboards, even if the layout is exactly the same. Sometimes there are keys on the keyboard that require pressing harder than they did before. This can make you miss characters you thought you hit. Try typing slowly and make sure you press each button all the way. Sounds silly but it works.
- Password for UAOnline was recently changed. If you did not change your password using me.uaa.alaska.edu then the University authentication used by different softwares are out of sync. This results in being able to login to some University applications fine but not others. Go to me.uaa.alaska.edu, login and sync your passwords. Contact the UAA IT Call Center if you need assistance.
There is no login box on the website.
This is browser related so either try a different browser and/or check to make sure you have the proper browser settings listed under Important Information About Web Browsers, at the top of this page.
What is the status of my Location or Resource Request?
To see the status of any request you will need to look at the Task List for your event. It may be helpful to remember that in 25Live all Requests are Tasks. There is a help document and video available under the Documents & Videos page.
Why is my event not saving?
There are a several reasons that your event may not save. An error message should appear telling you what is wrong. The error message may appear as either a pop up box or at the top center of the Event Wizard. If you get a generic error message it is usually one of the below.
- You did not complete all required fields. Look for text in red in the navigation pane on the left side of the screen. If you click on the red text it will take you to the section where the required information needs to be entered.
- You went faster through the Event Wizard than the system could keep up. It means 25Live has not finished the checks to make sure there are no conflict on your Location and/or Resources. Go back to each one of these sections and watch for any spinning icons and wait for them to stop spinning before trying to save again.
The Location is not in 25Live.
All schedulable spaces, not limited to rooms, are in 25Live. They are loaded into 25LIve from the Facilities System. You may not be able to find it because you are searching by the wrong keyword. This could be for any of the eblwo reasons,
- Currently the building abbreviations must match what is in Banner so that courses can import correctly. The following abbrevations are not correct, CPISB = CPSB; ART = ARTS; ATC = AVNC. We are working to get this corrected and hope to have it corrected by the begninning of 2020.
- The room number may nnot be correct. There have been a few cases where the room number posted outside the room does not match the Floor Plan and what Facilities has on file. We believe all of these have been resolved. If you find thsi to be the case please email the 25Live System Administrator.
- If you are searching for Location in the Event Wizard it may be there but is not appearing in your search results. See "Why is the location I searched for not appearing in the Event Wizard?" for further help.
Why is the Location not appearing in the Event Wizard?
On the Location search section there is a check box to only show Locations without conflicts. If this is checked it will not show any Locations that meet one of the two below criteria,
- You do not have privileges to request/assign the space.
- There are other events in the space during the dates and times of your event.
Uncheck this box to see the location. The icon to the right of the location name will indicate the reason. Hovering over the icon will provide details on the reason.
Why can't I select the Location I want?
There are two reasons this happens. First you need to find out if the Location is setup to be scheduled in 25Live.
- Click on the location name it should take you to the locations page
- Make sure you are on the Details (Desktop) or Summary (Mobile) tab.
- Look for the Categories section for the words “Scheduled in 25Live”. If they are there it is scheduled in 25Live, if they are not then it is not scheduled in 25Live.
Is Scheduled in 25Live: Means you do not have permissions to request this location. This was the decision of the department the location is assigned to. You will need to contact the scheduled for the location about and contact them to see about getting permissions to request this location.
Is NOT Scheduled in 25Live: The department the location is assigned to has not set it up to be scheduled in 25Live. You cannot request the use of this Location in 25Live. If you have already gotten approval to use this location from the department then you can request the Location ANY NS in 25Live. Then attach the approval for the department and put the location you which to be scheduled in the comments field. This will send a Task to the System Administrator so they can assign the location to your event.
Why is nothing happening when I click on tabs or buttons?
This is browser related so either try a different browser and/or check to make sure you have the proper browser settings listed under Important Information About Web Browsers, at the top of this page. In some cases double clicking will work instead of single clicks.