There are a lot of options when creating web calendars using 25Live. To make this easier we have setup many default options you can use to setup your calendars on your own. You can look through the defaults options on the Sample pages listed in the Navigation bar to the right. There are many changes that can be made to the different views and promotions spuds. In some cases, this can drastically change the appearance of a view. In addition to the options built into 25Live publisher we also have the options to pull information out using feeds and create our own views. You can see one already created on the Sample Custom Snippets page.
Advantages of Using 25Live Web Calendars
- Automatically updated event information from 25Live on a 30 minute cycle. Any changes to events or new events created within 25Live will be on your calendar within 30 minutes.
- Publish a single event to multiple calendars. This allows you to enter event information once but make it visible on Calendars across the UAA website. This includes the UAA Calendars located on the UAA Calendars webpage and the calendar on the Green & Gold email publications.
- Get dates or events published by other departments automatically in your calendar. For example; you can add the Public Academic Dates & Deadlines calendar events into your web calendar. This automatically add all campus closure dates into your calendar when they are added or updated by the Provost's office.
- Get Add your Calendar to those on the UAA Calendars webpage. 25Live allows us to publish the same calendar on different webpages in different formats. This allows us to maintain the UAA web navigation and formatting standards.
- Get Detailed Analytics of the usage of your calendar through 25Live publisher. This provides not just how many times the calendar on your webpage was visited but how many subscribes in which way, what events are the most visited and how frequently were events visited in the last 90 days by month. For an example see a print screen of the summary report or a pdf of the excel event detail report.
- Allow students and staff to get an entire calendar, multiple or single events in various ways. Some of these options are pictured below. For full details watch our 25Live Web Features Video.
Below is an overview of what you will need to do to create a web calendar. If you have the required permissions, you can accomplish all of this on your own. The System Administrator is available to assist you at any point in the process. This includes consulting for ideas on how to do your web calendars and the options available to you.
- Decide who will be the Administrator(s) of your calendar(s) and make sure they have Area Administrator permissions in 25Live. Area Administrators control who has what access to your departments Locations and Resources in 25Live. The people creating events and adding them to your calendars do not need Area Administrator privileges. If you do not have any Locations or Resources then you can choose to have the UAA IT Services web applications team the Administrator for your calendar. This means the setup and changes to your calendar will be done by them. The system administrator for 25Live is part of the web applications team.
- Decide how you want to control what goes onto your Calendar. What goes onto a calendar is determined by a saved search in 25Live. So any criteria you can use to create a search can be used to control what goes on your calendar. If you want events to go through an approval process before appearing on your calendar, then you will need to use a Resource. Make sure that whatever you chose is accessible to the users that will be creating events you want on your calendar.
- Decide what you want your calendar to look like and what Navigation (Control Spuds) you want to use. Look at the Sample pages under this site to see the options available using the defaults. If you do not see what you want contact the System Administrator for more options.
- Create, save and publish the search in 25Live that collects the events to be sent to your calendar.
- Login to 25Live Publisher and publish your calendar. When you click publish make sure to look through the list of settings. The web name field is the name of your calendar that will be used by the OUCampus snippet to connect to your calendar. This web name must start with the campus identifier and a dash (Example: uaa-). It is recommended to shorten this web name to something easier to type but unique and descriptive enough.
- Copy settings from the *Template - Sample Calendar. This will give your calendar all of the campus colors, formatting and default setting for the views and promotion spuds. Please do not skip this step, some of the settings are required for ADA compliance.
- If you will be publishing the large calendar that uses Views, make sure to set what view you want as your default. If you are going to make the Tab Chooser Control Spud visible on your web calendar. Make sure to delete any views, on your calendar in publisher, that you do not want to show.
- Go to your website and add the 25Live Snippet you want to use for your Calendar. Change the calendar name to the web name of your calendar in 25Live Publisher.
- Publish your webpage.
See How Other Departments Are Using Them
- Academic Affairs - Academic Dates & Deadlines
- Campus Bookstore - Bookstore Calendar
- Career Development - Career Events
- College of Engineering - Breakout Room Availability
- Current Students - Wolfwire
- UAA Master Calendars