Biological Sciences Seminar Series
The Department of Biological Sciences hosts an active program of biological sciences seminars. All of our seminars are held in the ConocoPhillips Integrated Sciences Building on Fridays at 3:30 pm in CPSB 120, unless noted otherwise. Our seminar series are free and open to the public. On Fridays parking is free at UAA.
- October 30: Dr. Kathleen Scott, University of South Florida "Surprising diversity in dissolved inorganic carbon uptake by bacteria"
- November 6: Dr. Eric Bortz, UAA Biological Sciences "Update on the pathogenesis and spread of COVID-19 in Alaska: from genomics to vaccines"
- November 13: Dr. Cecilia Martinez Gomez, UC Berkley "Thriving with lanthanides: New life metals in methylotrophy"
- November 20: Dr. Kirsten Grond, UAA Biological Sciences "The ins and outs of the avian gut microbiome: Why birds matter"
- December 4: Meg Howard "Chasing Coronaviruses 2002-2020"
Lecture titles are linked to video recordings of the presentation.
Location & Directions
Subscribe to the Biological Sciences Seminars mailing list.