University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
- 2015 Ph.D., Fisheries, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- 2010 M.S., Biology, University of Alaska Anchorage
- 2008 M.A.T., Secondary Biology Education, Clark University
- 2007 B.A., Psychology, Clark University
Professional & Department ServiceUniversity of Alaska Anchorage Postdoctoral Association, National Postdoctoral Association
Research InterestsDuring my pre-doctoral training, I had the opportunity to work with Drs. Bill Cresko at the University of Oregon and Frank von Hippel at the University of Alaska Anchorage, who are both pioneering the use of threespine stickleback fish as a biomedical model organism. I have spent the last seven years designing field and laboratory studies using threespine stickleback to study predator-prey dynamics, contemporary evolution, and landscape genetics. For my postdoctoral research with Dr. Kat Milligan-Myhre, I am expanding upon my background in the role of environment on phenotypic variation to understand how host genetic background and environmental cues shape immune response, development, and microbial community composition in threespine stickleback.
PublicationsPlease visit Emily Lescak's Google Scholar webpage for a full list of publications
Career History/Work Experience
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Ichthyology lab, animal behavior lab, introductory biology lab, teaching and mentoring in the sciences