Oct. 28: Flu shot and COVID-19 booster clinic
by Green & Gold News |
The UAA Student Health and Counseling Center is hosting a Flu shot and COVID-19 Booster Clinic on Thursday, Oct. 28, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Consortium Library, south entrance facing Providence Dr. This is for UAA students and employees.
What you need to know
- Boosters are available for Moderna, Pfizer and Janssen. Those eligible include those over 65 years of age, those who are 18-64 years of age and have an underlying medical condition that would place them at more risk, and those aged 18–64 years at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting. This includes First responders (e.g., healthcare workers, firefighters, police, congregate care staff). Education staff (e.g., teachers, support staff, daycare workers). Food and agriculture workers. U.S. Postal Service workers. Grocery store workers. Those living in on-campus housing.
- For Moderna or Pfizer Boosters it needs to be 6 months after your last dose, for Janssen 2 months after your original dose, and if someone is immunosuppressed it is one month after their last dose.
- Masks are required for all clinics.
- Do not attend if you are ill, COVID-19 positive or in quarantine for COVID-19.
- There is no charge for COVID-19 shots. Flu shots - $15 administration cost. Insurance may be billed.* Students may charge their student account. Please bring your Wolfcard. Cash will not be accepted.
*Insurance billing for BCBS, Aetna, LewerMark or United Healthcare Student Resources
available. Please bring your
insurance card or a copy of the front and back.
Questions: UAA Student Health and Counseling Center - 907-786-4050