Jim Pantaleone, Ph.D.
Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Ph.D., Theoretical Physics, Cornell University, 1985
- B.S., Physics, University of Illinois, 1979
- Fluid flow in chemically reactive systems
- Continuous mass systems
- Oscillations and synchronization
- Phenomenology of neutrino masses
Salome Hussein, Jerzy Maselko, and James T. Pantaleone, "Growing a Chemical Garden at the Air-Fluid Interface", Langmuir 32, 706-711 (2016).
L.M. Barge et. al., From chemical gardens to chemobrionics, Chem. Rev. 115 (16), 8652-8703 (2015).
V. Kaminker, J. Maselko, and J. Pantaleone, "The dynamics of open precipitation tubes," J. Chem. Phys. 140, 244901 (2014).
J. Maselko, M. Kiehl, J. Couture, A. Dyonizy, V. Kaminker, P. Nowak and J. Pantaleone, "Emergence of Complex Behavior in Chemical Cells: The System A1C13-NaOH," Langmuir 30, 5726 (2014).
J. Pantaleone and J. Messer, "The Added Mass of a Spherical Projectile," Am. J. Phys. 79, 1202 (2011).
J. Pantaleone, A. Toth, D. Horvath, L. RoseFigura, W. Morgan and J. Maselko, "Pressure Oscillations in a Chemical Garden," Phys. Rev. E79, 056221 (2009).
J. Pantaleone, A. Toth, D. Horvath, J. Rother McMahan, R. Smith, D. Butki, J. Braden, E. Matthews, H. Geri, and J. Maselko, "Oscillations of a Chemical Garden," Phys. Rev. E77, 046207 (2008).
J. Pantaleone, "Synchronization of Metronomes," Am. J. Phys. 70, 992 (2002).
J. Pantaleone, "Getting the Most from Atmospheric Neutrinos," Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 5060 (1998).
K.S. Babu and C.N. Leung, Renormalization of the Neutrino Mass Operator, Phys. Lett. B319, 191 (1993).
A. Kostelecky, J. Pantaleone and S. Samuel, "Neutrino Oscillations in the Early Universe," Phys. Lett. B315, 46 (1993).
S. Pakvasa and J. Pantaleone, "Direct Probes of Neutrino Properties Using Solar Neutrino Lines," Phys. Rev. Lett. 65, 2479 (1990).
T.K. Kuo and J. Pantaleone, "Neutrino Oscillations in Matter," Rev. Mod. Phys. 61, 937 (1989).
Y.J. Ng, J. Pantaleone and S. -H.H. Tye, "Spin-Dependent Forces in Heavy Quark Systems," Phys. Rev. Lett. 55, 916 (1985).
Career History/Work ExperienceHonors/Awards/Grants
- Chancellor's Award of Excellence in Research, 2013
- National Science Foundation grant, "Formation of Complex Precipitation Structures," 2012-2013.
- National Science Foundation grant, "Topics in Neutrino Mass Phenomenology," 2000-2002.
- Research Corporation grant, "Topics in Neutrino Mass Phenomenology," 1997-2000.
- Alaska Science and Technology Foundation grants, "Society and Society" Public Lecture Series, 1996-1999.