How to Apply for Scholarships
Once you have applied or been admitted into a degree program at UAA, make sure you complete all of the following in order to maximize your scholarship opportunities at UAA:
1. A *NEW* 2018-2019 UA Scholarship Application is scheduled for launch in late FALL
2017 -- Stay tuned for additional details and instructions!
- Currently the UAOnline scholarship application is disabled.
- A *NEW* 2018-2019 UA Scholarship Application is scheduled for launch in late Fall 2017 - Stay tuned for additional details and instructions!
- Review the "How to Write Scholarship Essays" guide.
- *Click here if you are NEW to UAA and need help locating or activating your account?
2. Submit Supplemental Materials
- If you have only filled out the UAOnline Scholarship Application, you are automatically considered for those scholarships that DO NOT require supplements.
- If you would like to increase your chances of qualifying for a scholarship, review the Take the Next Step guide for a comprehensive explanation on identifying the scholarships that have an additional step(s).
- All supplemental materials must also be received by the Office of Student Financial Assistance by the February 15th deadline.
3. Complete the FAFSA
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is used for two things:
- The FAFSA provides biographical information that may be used to help identify eligible applicants for some scholarships.
- Some scholarships require students to demonstrate "financial need" to receive an award. "Financial Need" is measured by the difference between annual college expenses and the potential amount that your family can afford to contribute. Please don't skip applying for "need-based" scholarships just because you and your family don't qualify for federal need-based financial aid. Lacking federally-defined "financial need" does not mean you are ineligible for scholarships at UAA.
Important Reminder: The deadline to submit a UAA Scholarship Application is February 15 prior to the academic year for which you are seeking scholarships and must be resubmitted each academic year.
- If you are an incoming student who has applied to UAA, but have not yet been "officially" admitted, we still recommend you apply for scholarships.
- All of UAA's scholarships require full or pending admission into a degree/certificate program to be considered.
- If you are selected to be a recipient of a scholarship, your pending admission application must be finalized by the beginning of the semester for which you are awarded.
- If you are considering or in the process of completing a Change of Major, please keep in mind that it is critical for your degree to match your true educational goal detailed in your profile essay response. It is the objective of each standing scholarship committee to match the right student with scholarship donors' intended recipients.