UAA Campus is Open
We are pleased to report the UAA Anchorage campus will open on Wednesday, Dec. 5, following last Friday's earthquake. The Chugiak-Eagle River Campus will remain closed, but classes will resume in alternative locations. Students should check UAOnline for their new meeting location. As you return to campus, we encourage you to check the web page uaa.alaska.edu/earthquakerecovery for important safety tips and resources about how to submit work requests to facilities for repairs. Please continue to check our Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates.
How to Apply for Scholarships
The NEW University of Alaska AcademicWorks scholarship application is now available
within UAOnline student accounts for current and continuing students. This exciting
system has many useful features and benefits, including the ability to search, filter,
and apply for scholarships based on answers you provide on both the UA general application
and the UAA campus-specific form.
Visit the University of Alaska's scholarship portal for a full list of available scholarships.
Get started on your scholarship search now. It’s as easy as 1-2-3-4!
- Sign on the system with your UA ID (3xxxxxxx) and ELMO password.
- Complete the General Application and any supplemental applications presented. The system syncs with your data. You are automatically matched with scholarship opportunities for which you meet the criteria and the system provides additional “recommended” scholarships that may be available to you.
- After you complete the applications, you’re done unless you would like to increase your chances of receiving a scholarship by also filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)! *See FAFSA guidance below.
- If you are awarded a scholarship you will receive an award email to your UA email address. You can also check on the status of your application by logging back into the system at any time.
- Your completed UA General Application and UA - Anchorage Campus application will be archived and removed from the system in August. You must complete a new General Application at the beginning of each fall semester. The deadline to apply for most scholarships is February 15th.
- Click here if you are NEW to UAA and need help locating or activating your account?
- For help in crafting essays, review the "Writing Scholarship Application Essays" guide.
Complete the FAFSA
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is used for two things:
- The FAFSA provides biographical information that may be used to help identify eligible applicants for some scholarships.
- Some scholarships require students to demonstrate "financial need" to receive an award. "Financial Need" is measured by the difference between annual college expenses and the potential amount that your family can afford to contribute. Please don't skip applying for "need-based" scholarships just because you and your family don't qualify for federal need-based financial aid. Lacking federally-defined "financial need" does not mean you are ineligible for scholarships at UAA.
Important Reminder: The deadline to submit a UAA Scholarship Application is February 15 prior to the academic year for which you are seeking scholarships and must be resubmitted each academic year.