Contact via Phone and Email: Closed to In-person Traffic
The University Center is closed to walk-in traffic due to statewide and local measures to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The call center is operational and staff are able to take your call Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
ACLU Alaska Foundation Scholarship
The ACLU Alaska foundation is pleased to offer The Joan Hamilton Memorial Scholarship: a $2500 award to a post secondary school. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist Alaska students who wish to pursue a career related to law in which she or he will advocate for Alaska Native rights and defend the civil liberties of the peoples of rural Alaska. The application deadline is typically in early Spring.
Alaska Community Foundation Scholarship
The Alaska Community Foundation is proud to support Alaska students in their educational and career pursuits, through a number of scholarship opportunities: from students pursuing technology education, to nursing students. A wide range of students can benefit from ACF's scholarships. Deadlines to apply vary.
Alaska Space Grant Program Scholarship
The Alaska Space Grant Program is offering scholarships and fellowships to students (U.S. Citizens) majoring in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics). Application requirements and award amounts vary between scholarships and fellowships. Deadlines to apply vary.
American Legion 40/8 Scholarship
The American Legion 40/8 is offering awards for full-time nursing students who demonstrate financial need. Contact American Legion: 907-242-1530 for deadline information.
Credit Union 1 - Bill Countryman Scholarship
Each year, Credit Union 1 is proud to offer the Bill Countryman Scholarship program to qualified Alaskan applicants. Application period: January 1- April 1 of each year.
The Export Council of Alaska Scholarship
The Export Council of Alaska is offering scholarships to high school seniors and college students who are Alaska residents and plan to pursue a degree in International Studies. A total of $5,000 will be distributed among students who are awarded the scholarship.
Schmidt Charitable Trust Scholarship
The Schmidt Charitable Trust offers financial assistance for education in earth and environmental sciences, so that students may become better stewards of the land and serve as positive role models for others.
The Trust’s emphasis on earth and environmental sciences includes the physical sciences such as geology, hydrology, physical geography, geophysics and paleontology. These sciences include the study of earth processes such as volcanoes, earthquakes, plate tectonics, glaciology, and climate. Examples of applied lines of inquiry include, but are not limited to coastal erosion, mineral location, sea ice retreat, and land or watershed management. Environmental sciences focus on the impact of human activity on the earth’s environment, such as the impacts of roads or structures on permafrost. Biological sciences, such as the study of plants and animals, are outside the scope of the Trust, although they may add an interdisciplinary element.
- Alaska Natives who reside in rural Alaska
- Alaska Native and other minority Alaskans in financial need in both rural and urban areas
- Other Alaskans who show academic and personal promise in need of assistance
Qualifying education and education-related activities include, but are not limited to, coursework, internships, science fair participation, and adult continuing education. Qualifying expenses include, but are not limited to, tuition, room and board, travel, childcare, and necessary equipment.
Visit the Schmidt Charitable Trust website for application instructions.
Fog Woman Coffee Higher Education Scholarship
The 2018 Fog Woman Coffee Higher Education Scholarship is offering a $1,000.00 higher education scholarship. Students must be enrolled at least part-time and show proof of Alaska Native ancestry.
Joan Hamilton Scholarship
The Joan Hamilton Scholarship is offering up to $2500.00 per academic year to students in undergraduate, graduate, and vocational studies students. Applications will be accepted from college and vocational students, as well as high school seniors. The application deadline is typically in December.
Mat-Su Health Foundation Scholarship
The Mat-Su Health Foundation Scholarship is open to students who have a primary residence in Mat-Su and have a major or other course of study linked to healthcare. Applications for Vocational Scholarships are accepted year-round.
New Beginnings Scholarship for Anchorage Women
The GWFC Anchorage Woman’s Club is pleased to invite students to apply for the New Beginnings Scholarship. The scholarship is geared toward women who:
- Have recently returned to school or plan to return to school
- Have been a resident of Alaska for at least 5 years and intend to make Alaska their home
- Currently reside in Anchorage
- Demonstrate that furthering education will enhance job opportunities
- Are determined to improve themselves and enhance the Anchorage community
- Need financial assistance to reach their educational goals
P.E.O. Sisterhood - Philanthropic Educational Organization
P.E.O. is a philanthropic organization where women celebrate the advancement of women; educate women through scholarships, grants, awards, loans, and stewardship of Cottey College; and motivate women to achieve their highest aspirations.
P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization), one of the pioneer societies for women, was founded on Jan. 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Originally a small campus friendship society, P.E.O. soon blossomed to include women off campus.
Today, P.E.O. has grown from that tiny membership of seven to almost a quarter of a million members in chapters in the United States and Canada. The P.E.O. Sisterhood is passionate about its mission: promoting educational opportunities for women. Our sisterhood proudly makes a difference in women's lives with six philanthropies that include ownership of a two-year women's college, Cottey College, and five programs that provide higher educational assistance:
- P.E.O. Educational Loan Fund
- P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund
- P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education
- P.E.O. Scholar Awards - post graduates
- P.E.O. STAR Scholarship
- P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education
The P.E.O. Sisterhood PCE is a grant program providing financial assistance to women whose education has been interrupted and who find it necessary to return to school to support themselves and/or their families. They must demonstrate a need for financial assistance with their educational expenses to improve their marketable skills for employment. The grant is not intended to be used in covering the cost of prerequisite courses which may be necessary for securing admission to an educational program nor by those needing further education, beyond the current program, to gain employment. Grants may be awarded for academic or technical courses. Please visit the provided link for full policy guidelines and applications.
Website/Application Link: PEO International Organization
The University of Alaska Anchorage is no longer posting scholarship advertisements for entities/organizations not affiliated with the University of Alaska unless we have worked directly with them in the past.
- U.S. Coast GuardCollege Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (Scholarship Program) - "CSPI is a program designed for motivated individuals who demonstrate a high caliber of academic and leadership excellence and who desire to serve their country in the United States Coast Guard. Students currently enrolled, accepted for enrollment or pending enrollment in a full-time bachelor's degree program at designated college or institution (defined in item 6 below) with the desire to complete college and receive a guaranteed commission as an officer in the United States Coast Guard can apply for CSPI. This means that a student currently pursuing an AA/AS degree at a junior college or community college who plans to continue with their BS/BA degree may be eligible for CSPI if they are accepted for enrollment at a qualifying college. "
- U.S. Air Force ROTC"Air Force ROTC is a college program offered at more than 1,100 campuses across the country. It prepares young men and women to become leaders in the Air Force, but it’s also much more. You’ll grow mentally and physically as you acquire strong leadership skills that will benefit you as an Air Force Officer and in life. It’s also a great opportunity to pay for school through scholarships. You’ll develop lifelong friendships and have unique experiences. Plus unlike many college students, you’ll have a position waiting for you after graduation at one of the world’s top high-tech organizations—the U.S. Air Force."
- U.S. Army ROTCU.S Army ROTC Scholarships - "Whether you're a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not financial need.
Army ROTC scholarships consist of:
- Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you should qualify
- Additional allowances for books and fees"
AfterCollege currently offers over a dozen, major-specific, and inclusive scholarships that students may be eligible for. Deadlines to apply vary.
American Indian Education Fund Scholarship
The American Indian Education Fund Scholarship Application is available to full-time Native American, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian students in undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
Graduate Program Scholarship
The Graduate Program Scholarships are offering $1,000 scholarships to graduate students or recent graduate students. Awarded quarterly.
Look Twice, Save A Life Scholarship
Insuranceproviders.com is proud to introduce a new scholarship promoting motorcycle safety among students. The look Twice, Save a Life Scholarship of $1000 will be awarded to a student who is currently attending or planning to attend college or some form of higher education. The scholarship will be awarded annually for the spring semester. Deadline to apply is December 1st of each year.
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution awards multiple scholarships to students dedicated to the pursuit of degrees in diverse disciplines including, history, law, nursing, and education. Deadlines to apply and award amounts vary.
Public Health Scholarship
The Public Health Scholarship makes it possible to offset some of the costs of earning a public health degree by tapping into a variety of public health scholarship. Application processes, deadlines and award amounts vary.