March 5, 2014: 'Time to Legalize?' Public discussion on marijuana law and policy
by Michelle Saport |
Wednesday, March 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wendy Williamson Auditorium
Is it time to legalize marijuana? Alaska voters could decide the issue in the August primary election. Legalization raises criminal justice, public health and economic questions. Come hear what national and local experts have to say and join the discussion.
Opening remarks by:
- Ethan Nadelmann, founder and executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance, a national drug law reform organization headquartered in New York City
- Sheriff Lance Buchholtz (Ret.), Wisconsin, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Ben Cort, Colorado, Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM)
- Dean Guaneli, former Chief Assistant Attorney General for Alaska
- Taylor Bickford, Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol in Alaska
- Jason Brandeis, UAA Justice Center faculty
This event is free and open to the public. Free parking is available in the West Parking Lot (located at the corner of Lake Otis and Providence). For more information, call (907) 786-1810 or visit uaajusticecenter.blogspot.com. Follow the conversation now at #AKpot.