Register for three-part 'Negotiations' seminar by March 18
by Michelle Saport |
The Center for Corporate and Professional Development's "Negotiations" course is open and accepting registration.
The ability for your team to negotiate effectively can have a significant impact on your company's results and success. Everyone can learn to resolve disputes, improve working relationships and enhance their personal and professional negotiations skills. Your team will learn how to recognize, counter and prepare for the most common negotiating tactics.
About the seminar: A primary purpose of the "Negotiations" seminar is to aid you to develop your management and interpersonal relationship skills. It will be oriented toward providing a forum conducive to practicing these skills and making positive changes in your behavior and habits in order to facilitate success in your career. This is a three-day seminar, with classes scheduled for March 26, April 9 and April 23.
At the end of this module, you will:
- Have increased understanding of your personal strengths and weaknesses in negotiation and know how to address the areas you wish to improve;
- Know how to effectively prepare for negotiation;
- Have developed a deeper understanding of basic negotiation skills and had the opportunity to integrate these skills into your tool kit;
- Know how to create and claim value in negotiation;
- Understand the stages of negotiation and effective tactics for each one;
- Understand multiple approaches to resolving unproductive negotiations; and
- Have skills that allow you to negotiate better outcomes and build better working relationships.
Anchorage Chamber members receive a 10 percent discount. Call (907) 786-4938 for details.
*This program, 218428, has been approved for 24 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.