Oct. 10, 2016: Fall Global Opportunities Expo
by Michelle Saport |
Don't miss the Fall Global Opportunities Expo this Monday, Oct. 10! Come see what the world has to offer. The expo is a must for any student interested in opportunities abroad. Staff and faculty may also benefit. Take advantage of one or all three of the events under the Expo umbrella:
Global Opportunities Expo (signature event) 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. / Student Union, Upper Hallway
Explore the intersection of study abroad, academic opportunities, and international career and internships at this resource fair. Drop by any time to inquire about:
- Study abroad opportunities through UAA (seven of UAA's partner programs will be represented) and National Student Exchange (NSE)
- Earning a minor in international business or a major or minor in languages
- Opportunities abroad for graduates with a bachelor's degree
- Scholarships, fellowships, grants and financial aid for international study, research and teaching
- Peace Corps (serve abroad with the option of earning a master's degree)
- Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) program (government-sponsored, paid opportunities in Japan)
- Career exploration and advising services
- UAA Confucius Institute offerings promoting Chinese language and culture
- The Alaska World Affairs Council (students attend their great luncheon speaker series free of charge)
- Travel health consultations for student travelers through UAA's Student Health and Counseling Center
- United Global Student Organization-connect with international students and other globally-minded students through club activities
Jumpstart Your Career Through Study Abroad 2:30-3:30 p.m. / Multicultural Center - Rasmuson Hall, Room 106
Learn how you can gain work skills and experience as well as boost your competitiveness in the job market through study abroad. Co-sponsored by Career Exploration and Services and Multicultural Center.
Study Abroad Only Fair 5:30-7 p.m. / Gorsuch Commons hallway (campus housing)
Delve into your possibilities to study abroad as a UAA student. Education abroad opportunities include summer, semester and yearlong programs taught in English, language and cultural immersion programs, internships, service learning, field studies, undergraduate research, or a combination of these things. Financial aid and scholarships can often help cover the costs. Co-sponsored by Residence Life.
For more information, please contact Leslie Tuovinen, education abroad coordinator, at (907) 786-4135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education abroad and the Global Opportunities Expo support UAA's International and Intercultural Learning Outcomes (IILOs). Learn more about the IILOs at uaa.alaska.edu/oiia/learningoutcomes.cfm.
See you at the Expo!