Use your WOLFcard to access campus facilities
by Green & Gold News |
During the COVID-19 pandemic, limiting time on campus is critical to help prevent the virus' spread. Employees should only come to campus with supervisor approval. Students should only come to campus for face-to-face classes or to access essential services such as study areas and distance education technology at the Student Union and UAA/APU Consortium Library.
Here's what you need to know about campus access:
- Use your WOLFcard to access campus.
- WOLFcards are now the primary way to access any campus facilities that have a swipe card access system. This allows us to identify who may be at risk and reach out if we become aware of a COVID-positive case in the facility.
- If you don't have a WOLFcard, go to the UAA Cashiering WOLFcard Office at the University
Center, open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- *For the '20- '21 academic year there is no charge for replacement WOLFcards
- Do not hold or prop doors open for others to enter the building.
- For campus safety, it is important anyone entering the building is authorized to do so using their WOLFcard.
WOLFcards access systems
Beginning in fall 2020, UAA is replacing and expanding the existing system which includes upgrading the technology and the hardware. This means all existing access systems across campus are being modified and the technology will change. This will stabilize the access system and provide increased user reliability for the UAA campus community.
Benefits of the new system include:
- Door position switches for monitoring and eliminating unauthorized door hold opens.
- Door control from UPD dispatch to allow remote authorization for entry and assistance isolating hazards in an emergency situation, such as an active shooter.
- Automation of access (or deactivation of access) in coordination with existing university databases: Banner and 25-Live.
- New distribution of dual technology WOLFcards to use on both systems as the university transitions from the existing system to the new system throughout this academic year.
- Buildings currently without wolfcard access will be upgraded to the system.
During the '20-'21 academic year, all campus buildings will be rekeyed. This initiative is being undertaken for campus safety and security. This means physical keys will no longer work for exterior building access. It is critical all members of the campus community begin using the WOLFcard system so that you can continue accessing the building.
Let’s all do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19. Access resources, FAQs and more at uaa.alaska.edu/covid19. For student-specific resources, visit the College During COVID Support & Resources website.