Spring 2021 priority registration is now underway! Are you registration ready?
by UAA Office of the Registrar |
Spring registration is almost here. The spring schedule is viewable in UAOnline, and we encourage you to use Schedule Planner in UAOnline to create your perfect spring schedule. Students that use Schedule Planner spend less time registering and, on average, register for three credits more than students that do not use Schedule Planner.
Here are some tips to ensure registration goes smoothly:
- Complete your annual title IX training requirement in Blackboard. Look for the training under your My Courses tab. Contact the Office of Equity and Compliance with questions at 907-786-0818 or email@example.com.
- Meet with your advisor and check DegreeWorks to determine the classes you should register for.
- If any courses require special permissions or overrides (e.g. departmental approval or prerequisite overrides), make sure the department or instructor has entered these ahead of time so you will be able to register.
- Check your registration eligibility in UAOnline to find your class standing and make sure there are no holds.
- If you don't know your password for UAOnline, reset it now.
Once registration opens for your class standing, you may register at any time.
Priority registration schedule
- Nov. 6 – Admitted UAA graduate students
- Nov. 9 – Admitted UAA seniors (90+ credits)
- Nov. 10 – Admitted UAA juniors (60-89 credits)
- Nov. 11 – Admitted UAA sophomores (30-59 credits)
- Nov. 12 – Admitted UAA freshmen (0-29 credits)
- Nov. 16 – UAA incoming students with pending spring admission applications
- Nov. 23 – Open registration for all University of Alaska students
Special instructions regarding waitlisting
Many full semester-length classes are set up with automatic waitlists. If a course is full and set up with waitlisting, you will get a pop-up message when you try to register that reads ‘Closed - Waitlist.’ If you would like to be added to the waitlist, choose ‘Waitlist’ from the drop-down menu and then submit. As seats become available, students are notified on a first-come, first-get basis at their preferred email address. Check your email often because once you receive notification of an opening, you have a limited time (48, 24 or 12 hours) to register for the course in UAOnline. If you don't register during that time, you will be dropped from the waitlist. It is recommended that you set your preferred email address to your @alaska.edu address to ensure you receive waitlist notification emails. See the waitlisting FAQ for more information.