Announcing UAA Interim Chancellor finalists and Town Halls
by Pat Pitney, Interim UA President |
UPDATE (Dec. 9, 2020): Bruce Schultz to start as UAA interim chancellor Jan. 4, 2021.
UPDATE (Dec. 4, 2020): Virtual town hall meetings were held so that the UAA community and interested stakeholders could meet and engage with Christi and Bruce, and pose questions. Recordings of both sessions can be found at the UAA interim chancellor search website. A feedback form also can be found on the website, and feedback on the final two candidates is due Dec. 4 using that form.
Dear UAA Community,
I am happy to share with you the names of the finalists for the interim chancellor position. After careful review of the many candidates nominated for the position, I have selected two very capable and experienced finalists who know UAA well and can lead the university until a permanent chancellor is named. The two finalists are:
- Christi Bell, Associate Vice Chancellor and Executive Director Business Enterprise Institute (BEI). Christi leads the university’s economic development programs and is responsible for managing the institute’s personnel and budgets; and
- Bruce Schultz, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. Bruce leads UAA’s student affairs administrative unit devoted to student and campus services, and manages all aspects of the student experience at UAA.
The next step in our process are town hall meetings to meet and engage with Christi and Bruce. I hope that you will participate in each virtual meeting, which will also be livestreamed for those who prefer to watch the proceedings but not ask questions. Here is the schedule:
- Dec. 3, noon–1 p.m. — Bruce Schultz
- Join Zoom meeting
- Meeting ID: 812 2819 9027
- Dec. 3, 4–5 pm — Christi Bell
- Join Zoom meeting
- Meeting ID: 854 6947 5552
- Join the livestream
If you would like to submit a question in advance of the town hall, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is my intent, in consultation with the Board of Regents, to name the interim chancellor no later than Dec. 11. In the meantime, all details, bios of the finalists and latest news can be found on the interim chancellor search web page. You also can provide input or feedback about the finalists through an HR survey located on the website.
I appreciate and thank you for your engagement in this expedited selection process.
Interim UA President