Business Plan Finalists to compete at Perfect Pitch
by UAA College of Business and Public Policy |
Students and aspiring entrepreneurs will compete for top prizes at Perfect Pitch, the finale of our Business Plan Competition, on Friday, March 26, at 5:30 p.m. Join us as four finalists present their start-up ideas. Watch the pitches and determine your perfect pick. Then vote in the People's Choice category while our judges deliberate over the Grand Prize ($6,000), Second Place ($3,000) and First Fortune $500 Award.
The Business Plan Competition is sponsored by the College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) at the University of Anchorage Alaska. Perfect Pitch is the culmination of a longer process that included a competition kick-off and mentoring sessions designed support participants through the process of developing a robust plan and a public pitch.
Ten judges from Alaska and beyond have volunteered to provide advice and inspiration from the business community. They include:
- Mr. Joel Yarmon, Founder and Managing Director Pipeline Capital partners
- Mr. Steve Socolof, Managing Partner, Tech Council Ventures
- Mr. Jon Bittner, State Director, Alaska Small Business Development Center
- Mr. James Kostka, Chief Operating Officer and Owner Alaskan Data Solutions
- Mr. Allan Johnston, Chief Encouragement Officer
- Ms. Candy Fitzpatrick, Founder, Restangles, LLC
- Ms. Lauren Puleo, Portfolio Associate, McKinley Capital Management
- Dr. Helena Wisniewski, Professor of Entrepreneurship and Chair Management, Marketing, Logistics & Business Analytics Department, College of Business and Public Policy
- Mr. Greg Wolf, Executive Director, World Trade Center Alaska and Vice Chair Advisory Board, College of Business and Public Policy
- Mr. Joe Zimmerman, Owner and Director of Cook Inlet Marketing Group, Inc., Chair, Dean’s Advisory Board, College of Business and Public Policy
Community sponsors include Mr. Allan Johnston, Northrim Bank (Ms. K. Bender), and Alaskan Data Solutions (Jim Kostka, Owner), which developed the new First Fortune $500 Award.
The Business Plan Competition is organized by Dr. Helena S. Wisniewski, Professor of Entrepreneurship and Chair, Department of Management, Marketing, Logistics, and Business Analytics.