Planned outage for UA services scheduled for May
by UAA IT Services |
What is going to happen?
On Saturday, May 15, and Saturday, May 22, UAF Facilities Services will be conducting a planned power shutdown to the entire Butrovich Building to prepare for the integration of a new backup generator for the Butrovich Data Center (BDC).
When is it scheduled?
This planned shutdown will mean that UA enterprise data systems served out of the BDC will be offline and unavailable during the following timeframes:
- Saturday, May 15: Starting at 00:01 a.m. and scheduled to conclude at 11 p.m. (~23hrs)
- Saturday, May 22: Starting at 00:01 a.m. and scheduled to conclude at 10 p.m. (~17hrs)
How will this impact you?
Many services, including the following, will be unavailable during the planned outages:
- Users will not be able to log in to UAOnline
- Self-service password resets
- Users will be unable to perform password resets through the ELMO system
- UAA Bookstore
- Orders will not be able to be processed
- Blackboard log-in and availability for coursework will remain functional
- Enrollment (add/drop) and course creation will be unavailable while the power outage is ongoing
- Blackboard Transact (ID / campus debit card)
- Managed print will be unavailable
- WolfCard creation in the Consortium Library will be unavailable
- WolfCards will not work for dining services or on-campus purchases
- Banner 8 and 9
- Users will be unable to login to Banner
- There are a number of services that sync and/or interface with Banner and these will
also be unavailable:
- RPTD Database
- Vista Plus Banner Reports
- Touchnet Payment Solutions
- Evisions FormFusion & IntelleCheck
- International Student & Scholar Management
- Concur Travel Management
- Users may experience sign-in issues
- Department-specific applications hosted in BDC
The following services will remain available:
- Internet Services for UAA, UAS and affiliated campuses
- UAA building access
What can you do to prepare?
Complete any work or tasks in the services listed prior to the outage. Some examples include the following:
- Register/add/drop classes
- Order textbooks
- Reset your password if it has been over one year since your last password reset
- Complete any work in Banner prior to the scheduled outage
UAA IT Services will continue to provide updates to the university community as they become available. If you have questions or concerns, please contact IT Services Technical Support Center at 907-786-4646 or email@example.com.