You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Mychal MachadoAssistant Professor
Department of Psychology
EducationPh.D., University of Nebraska Medical Center, Munroe-Meyer Institute, 2015
M.A., University of the Pacific, 2011
B.S., Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, 2008
- Behavioral Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Interventions of Challenging Behavior
- Lifespan Development
- Why People Believe Weird Things
- Learning and Behavior Laboratory
Professional & Department Service
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA-D)
- Licensed Behavior Analyst
- Chair, Undergraduate Studies Committee
- Board Member, Alaska Association for Behavior Analysis
- Member, Behavior Analysis Concentration
- Member, Association for Behavior Analysis International, Practice Board
- Faculty Advisor
- Use of behavior analytic lens to evaluate methods related to popular claims in health and psychology
- Technology-based interventions for improving behavioral health
- Analysis of verbal behavior
- Social transmission of myths and superstitions
Machado, M. A., & Luczynski, K. C. (2020). Computer-based training to teach observers to accurately score problem behavior using fast forwarding at 5.0x normal speed. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 9999, 1-12.
Fisher, W. W., Luczynski, K. C., Blowers, A. P., Vosters, M. E., Pisman, M. D., Craig, A. R., Hood, S. A., Machado, M. A., Lesser, A. D., & Piazza, C. C. (2020). A randomized clinical trial of a virtual-training program for teaching skills to parents. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 53(4), 1856-1875.
Gabbert, B. M., & Machado, M. A. (2020). Evaluation of antecedent ambiguity on identification and categorization of behavior in lunar-effects research. Modern Psychological Studies, 25(1), 1-31.
Fisher, W. W., Retzlaff, B. J., Akers, J. S., DeSouza, A. A., Kaminski, A. J., & Machado, M. A. (2019). Establishing initial auditory-visual conditional discriminations in young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 52(4), 1-18.
Machado, M. A., Luczynski, K. C., & Hood, S. A. (2019). Evaluation of the accuracy, reliability, efficiency, and acceptability of fast forwarding to score problem behavior. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 52(1), 315-334.
Fisher, W. W., Luczynski, K. C., Hood, S. A., Lesser, A. L., Machado, M. A., & Piazza, C. C. (2014). Preliminary findings of a randomized clinical trial of a virtual training program for applied behavior analysis technicians. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 8, 1044-1054.
Normand, M. P., Machado, M. A., Hustyi, K. M., & Morley, A. J. (2011). Infant sign training and functional analysis. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 44(2), 305-314.