Betrayal by Harold Pinter & Frozen by Bryony Lavery
AUDITIONS and CALLBACKS will be held on Friday, Feb. 8, 2019 from 6-11 p.m.
- Auditions will be in ten-minute slots for four actors between 6-8 p.m.
- Callbacks for Betrayal will happen from 8:30-9:30 p.m., and callbacks for Frozen will happen from 9:30-10:30 p.m.
AUDITION LOCATION: Harper Studio Theatre, Room 129, Fine Arts Building, UAA
The story of three sides of an adulterous affair that’s told in reverse chronological order. Throughout, Pinter charts the incremental deceits and unspoken emotions that led to the ultimate betrayal. By Harold Pinter, directed by UAA theatre major Paitton Reid.
Three characters—a mother whose 10-year-old daughter goes missing, a grieving American academic writing about serial killers, and a serial child murderer—intersect over grief, trauma, and murder. Along the way, they pursue the possibility of forgiveness and healing. By Bryony Lavery, directed by UAA theatre major Taran Haynes.
Rehearsal Dates: Mondays-Fridays, between 6-11 p.m., March 4-April 25, 2019
Technical Rehearsals: Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m., April 13 and 14, 2019
Performance Dates: Betrayal – April 19-21; Frozen – April 26-28, 2019
- Emma: Robert’s wife, has affair with Jerry, 29 - 38
- Robert: Emma’s husband, Jerry’s best friend, 31 – 40
- Jerry: Robert’s best friend, has affair w/ Emma, 30s
- Waiter: Italian, excitable, any age
- Agnetha: a psychiatrist
- Nancy: a mother
- Ralph: a drifter
- Guard: a prison guard
- ALL ACTORS should sign up for a ten-minute audition slot; actors will be in groups of 4. Each actor should sign up for an audition time on Brian Cook’s office door (ARTS 327). You can pick up a packet of sides from the Fine Arts office (ARTS 302) after Friday, Feb. 1.
- Though some characters will be using British dialect in performance, please do not use a dialect when reading during auditions.
- Actors should read the script prior to auditions. Paper scripts are available in the Fine Arts office (ARTS 302).