Feb. 24, 2017: National Coalition Building Institute hosts social equity and inclusion workshop
by Michelle Saport |
Social Inclusion and Equity Workshop Friday, Feb. 24, 8:55 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Gorsuch Commons, Room 107
The award-winning National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) Social Inclusion and Equity Workshop is a one-day, experiential process with a series of incremental activities. Your attendance and participation will be recognized by UAA Chancellor Tom Case with a certificate upon successful completion of the workshop. Everyone counts!
This workshop offers participants the opportunity to:
- Celebrate their similarities and differences as well as recognize the misinformation they have learned about various groups (including their own).
- Learn about and re-evaluate personal attitudes and behaviors that are based on the impact of prejudice and discrimination.
- Claim pride in their group identities.
- Understand the personal impact of discrimination through storytelling.
- Learn hands-on tools for dealing effectively with offensive remarks and behaviors.
This workshop is open to all UAA students, staff and faculty. Full-day participation is expected. Lunch provided for all participants. Register here for the NCBI Social Inclusion and Equity Workshop.