You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Chancellor Sandeen recaps the most recent COVID-19 developments (March 28–April 4, 2020)
by Cathy Sandeen, UAA Chancellor |
Dear UAA Community,
I want to thank you again for your resiliency and flexibility as we meet the challenges accompanying the global COVID-19 pandemic. Please take a moment to watch this message providing a recap of developments over the last week. A list of links follows this message so that you can take a deeper dive into any of these topics.
Stay strong, and stay focused! Continue to remain at home. Follow social distancing practices if you must venture out into public. Let’s “flatten the curve.”
Recap: March 28–April 4
- Governor’s Health Mandates 11 and 12
- Ask a UAA Expert
- UAA report recommends suite of COVID-19 measures to avoid overwhelming Alaska’s health care system
- Personal protective equipment donation
- Alaska Airlines Center to be used as an alternate care site
- Face-to-face commencement has been canceled for May; hope to schedule future date
- Summer session to continue with alternate course delivery
- Course registration for graduate students opens April 3; for undergraduates April 6