Courtesy of UA Disability Services: free unlimited access to Read&Write literacy software now available to all!
by UA Disability Services |
Measurably increase your productivity with this free software download.
Read&Write is a software toolbar that helps learners create and access content with the literacy support features they need to successfully understand materials, engage and express themselves. Great for all subjects across the curriculum, Read&Write offers accessibility support with daily tasks like reading text out loud, understanding unfamiliar words, researching assignments, proofing written work and more!
Be our guest: download Read&Write under UA's new domain account by following the steps below.
- Click on the TextHelp Education link to get started. More product details as well as 'features at a glance' are provided here too.
- Scroll down and click on the 'Try Read&write' button. Select your operating system/language from the drop-down menu.
- A 'read&write.exe' file will start downloading in the lower-left corner of your web browser.
- After the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file.
- The program will automatically install. Accept the user terms and conditions. IT has confirmed it is safe to 'allow access.'
- Please wait while the operating system finishes the installation.
- Once complete, open Read&Write. Next, select either the Google or Microsoft option and the login screen will appear. Use your UA 'single sign-on' credentials (alaska.edu username and password) to sign in and start exploring!
Inclusive and accessible, Read&Write has been built with the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in mind.
Each feature is aligned with UDL guidelines.