Coronavirus information

In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the University of Alaska Anchorage has taken steps to protect the health and safety of our campus community. Visit the University of Alaska Coronavirus Information website to learn how UAA and the university system are responding to this situation. Find links to communications, policy guidance, resources and information about the university's community restrictions, which apply to all faculty, staff and students. The UAA Student Health and Counseling Center remains open at this time to serve UAA students. For information about COVID-19 symptoms and current health recommendations, visit the CDC website and the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services.


Cancellations

Cancelling Your Housing and Dining Agreement

Students who have submitted an application for campus housing or who currently live on campus and wish to cancel their agreement must submit an online Cancellation Form found on their Housing Page on UAOnline. Please see the information below about cancellation deadlines and refunds: 

Date of Cancellation or Date Student Vacates Campus Housing Deposit Refund Refund of Semester Housing Charges Refund of Semester Dining Charges
Before August 1 Yes 100% 100%
August 1 - August 21
No* 100% 100%
August 22 - September 9 No 90% 90% or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 10%
September 10-September 23 No 50% 50% or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 50%
September 24 - December 16 No**

No refund of fall charges

100% refund of spring charges

No refund of fall charges

100% refund of spring charges

December 17 - January 27 No

90% (spring charges)***

 

90% (spring charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 10%***
January 28 - February 17 No 50% 50% or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 50%
February 18 - May 4 No No Refund No Refund

 *Students who apply for housing after August 1 are eligible for a deposit refund if they cancel within five business days of applying and have not yet moved in. 

**Students applying for spring-semester-only housing are eligible for a deposit refund if they cancel by December 16.

***Students applying for spring-semester-only housing are eligible for a 100% refund if they cancel prior to January 9 and have not yet moved in. 


Requests for Exception to the Agreement

If there are circumstances that may prevent a student from meeting the obligations of the Housing and Dining Agreement, they may appeal the agreement cancellation forfeitures by completing a Request for Exception to the Housing Agreement Form found on their Housing Page on UAOnline (under the Applications and Forms tab) no later than 30 days after the start of the semester following the semester in which cancellation fees would apply. Circumstances that are eligible for consideration for exception include:

  • Winter Graduation
  • Call to Active Military Service
  • Academic Internship
  • National or International Exchange One-semester Program
  • Spring Study Abroad
  • Medical Withdrawal or Medical Emergency of Immediate Family Member
  • Change in Marital or Parental Status

Documentation for the above circumstances is required and can be submitted along with the online Request for Exception Form. Please note, exceptions are not considered for a student's failure to comply with published deadlines or changes in financial status.