You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Cancellations

Cancelling Your Housing and Dining Agreement

Students who have submitted an application for campus housing or who currently live on campus and wish to cancel their Agreement before the terms of their agreement are up must submit an online Cancellation Form found on their Housing Page on UAOnline. Please see the information below about cancellation deadlines and refunds. 

 

Date of Cancellation or Move-out Deposit Release Reversal of  Housing Charges Reversal of Dining Charges
By August 1, 2021 Yes 100% (fall charges) 100% (fall charges)
August 1 - August 18, 2021
No* 100% (fall charges) 100% (fall charges)
August 19 - September 6, 2021 No 90% (fall charges) 90% (fall charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 10%
September 7 - September 20, 2021 No 50% (fall charges) 50% (fall charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 50%
September 21 - December 13, 2021 No**

No refund of fall charges

100% refund of spring charges

No refund of fall charges

100% refund of spring charges

December 14 2021 - January 24, 2022 No

90% (spring charges)***

 

90% (spring charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 10%***
January 25 - February 14, 2022 No 50% (spring charges) 50%  (spring charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 50%
February 15 - May 2, 2022 No No Refund No Refund

 

 *Students who apply for housing after August 1 are eligible for a deposit refund if they cancel within five business days of applying and have not yet moved in. 

**Students applying for spring-semester-only housing are eligible for a deposit refund if they cancel by December 13.

***Students applying for spring-semester-only housing are eligible for a 100% refund if they cancel prior to January 6 and have not yet moved in. 
 

Date of Cancellation or Move-out Deposit Release Reversal of Semester Housing Charges
     
By April 25, 2022 Yes 100%
April 26 - May 2, 2022 No 100%
May 3 - May 30, 2022 No 90%
May 31 - June 22, 2022 No 50%
June 23 - July 11, 2022 No

25%

July 12 - August 1, 2022 No

No Refund

 

Date of Cancellation or Move-out Deposit Release Reversal of Housing Charges Reversal of Dining Charges
By August 1, 2022 Yes 100% (fall charges) 100% (fall charges)
August 1 - August 24, 2022
No* 100% (fall charges) 100% (fall charges)
August 25 - September 12, 2022 No 90% (fall charges) 90% (fall charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 10%
September 13 - September 26, 2022 No 50% (fall charges) 50% (fall charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 50%
September 27 - November 7, 2022 No**

No refund of fall charges

 

No refund of fall charges

 

November 8 - November 30, 2022 Yes

No refund of fall charges

No refund of fall charges
December 1 - December 19, 2022 No**

No refund of fall charges

100% refund of spring charges

No refund of fall charges

100% refund of spring charges

December 20, 2022 - January 30, 2023 No

90% (spring charges)***

 

90% (spring charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 10%***
January 31 - February 13, 2023 No 50% (spring charges) 50%  (spring charges) or amount of dining plan remaining if amount used is greater than 50%
February 14 - May 8, 2023 No No Refund No Refund

 

*Students who apply for housing after August 1 are eligible for a deposit refund if they cancel within five business days of applying and have not yet moved in. 

**Students applying for spring-semester-only housing are eligible for a deposit refund if they cancel by December 19.

***Students applying for spring-semester-only housing are eligible for a 100% refund if they cancel prior to spring check-in and have not yet moved in. 

 

Requests for Exception to the Agreement

If there are circumstances that may prevent a student from meeting the obligations of the Housing and Dining Agreement, they may appeal the agreement cancellation forfeitures by completing a Request for Exception to the Housing Agreement Form found on their Housing Page on UAOnline (under the Applications and Forms tab) no later than 30 days after the start of the semester following the semester in which cancellation fees would apply. Circumstances that are eligible for consideration for exception include:

  • Winter Graduation
  • Call to Active Military Service
  • Academic Internship
  • National or International Exchange One-semester Program
  • Spring Study Abroad
  • Medical Withdrawal or Medical Emergency of Immediate Family Member
  • Change in Marital or Parental Status

Documentation for the above circumstances is required and can be submitted along with the online Request for Exception Form. Please note, exceptions are not considered for a student's failure to comply with published deadlines or changes in financial status.