Title IV Authorization Form

Unless authorization is received, federal financial aid (Title IV) cannot be used to cover non-institutional charges such as: housing damages charges, parking permits, parking fines, library fines, returned check fees, health center charges, late fees or any other charges not directly tied to a class. If you would like to have these items placed on your account, you must complete the Title IV Authorization Form and return it to

FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) deals specifically with the education records of students (including campus housing records), affording them certain rights with respect to those records. FERPA gives students who attend a postsecondary institution the right to review their own records and have some control over the disclosure of personally identifiable information from those records. FERPA generally prevents our staff from discussing housing records with anyone other than the student unless that student has completed a UAA Authorization to Release Education Record Information form. For more information about FERPA, please see the University of Alaska System FERPA page.

Request for Exception to the Housing Agreement Form

If there are circumstances that may prevent you from meeting the obligation of your Housing and Dining Agreement, you may appeal the agreement cancellation charges by completing Request for Exception to the Housing Agreement Form, found on your Housing Page on UAOnline under the Applications and Forms tab. Please note that this appeal must be submitted no later than 30 days after the beginning of the semester following the semester in which cancellation fees may be applied. To access your Housing Page on UAOnline, please follow these directions:

  • Log in to UAOnline
  • Choose Student Services and Account Information
  • Choose Campus Housing, Dining and Post Office
  • Choose UAA Campus Housing and Dining
  • From your Housing Self-Service page, click on the Applications and Forms button at the top of the page
  • Select and complete the Request for Exception to the Housing Agreement Form

Request for Religious Accommodation

The Department of Residence Life is committed to creating a welcoming community for all of our residents where the diversity of their religious and spiritual belief systems is celebrated and their associated practices encouraged. In the event a resident's religious or spiritual practices conflict with a policy or procedure in Regents' Policy and University Regulations, the Student Code of Conduct, the Community Living Standards, the Housing and Dining Agreement or other University policies or rules, residents can request an accommodation utilizing the UAA Residence Life Religious Accommodations Request Form