Each year in the spring, housing residents have the opportunity to tell us their plans or "intentions" for the next academic year and either renew or cancel their contract for the upcoming year. During the Intentions Period, students who plan to return to campus next year can agree to a new contract and choose their room type preferences. Students who are not planning to return can complete an Intentions Cancellation Form to request a refund of their housing deposit.
The Intentions Period for 2020 will take place between April 8 - May 4.
If you are NOT planning to return next year, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your UAA Housing Self-Service page on UAOnline (under Student Services and Account Information/Campus Housing, Dining and Mail Service/UAA Campus Housing and Dining).
- Under the Applications and Forms tab, choose and complete the appropriate Intentions CANCELLATION Form.
- If you are currently living on campus and are not staying for the summer, be sure to provide your spring semester check-out date on the Cancellation Form.
- You must complete this form to be eligible for a refund of your housing deposit as a credit to your student account.
If you ARE planning to return next year, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your UAA Housing Self-Service page on UAOnline (under Student Services and Account Information/Campus Housing, Dining and Post Office/UAA Campus Housing and Dining).
- Under the Applications and Forms tab, choose and complete the appropriate Current Residents Intentions Application for Returning Students.
- The $300 deposit that you have already paid will roll over to the next academic year.
- The Intentions Period is the only time you can renew your housing contract with no additional fees. Once the Intentions Period is over, students who wish to return in the fall will need to complete a new student application and pay the application fee and deposit.
- Be sure to click through all pages of the application until you see the Application Complete - Thank You page.
Important things to know if you are requesting a new room type:
- Since North Hall is a first-year hall, all students currently living in North Hall will graduate from their first-year experience and will be assigned to a new area next year. If you have a specific hall or area in mind, you'll have the opportunity to request that on the Intentions Application.
- Students 21 years of age or older have priority in the Templewood and MAC Apartments.
However, we do have a designated number of MAC apartments available for students under
the age of 21 who complete their Intentions Applications. Underage students in the
MAC apartments must meet the following criteria:
- Have lived on campus at least one semester
- Have no Code of Conduct violations
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- For information on room types and rates, please see the On-Campus Living Options page or the On-Campus Living Rates page.