University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
Alaska Piano Competition
Alaska Piano Competition
This year, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, we will not have an on-site venue for the competition. 2021 applications must be RECEIVED no later than April 16, 2021. Our adjudicator will be judging the contestants based on their video recordings that are required for submission. Therefore, all contestants will be required to post their own video recording to Youtube as an unlisted (but not private) video, no later than deadline of May 12. Contestants must, upon posting their video, email the Competition Director with the Youtube link. Recording rules are as follows:
- The video recording must be in one take, and as one file. All competition pieces must be performed in order, without stopping the recording in between each piece. The recording must be as a continuous performance. Do not make or produce a separate video for each piece. No editing of the video is allowed.
- The video recording must be made between the dates of April 16, 2021 and May 12, 2021. No “legacy” or archival performances are allowed (i.e. recordings of performances produced at an earlier date.)
- In the video recording, the student’s hands and face must be clearly visible and identifiable; no strong backlighting is allowed in the video.
- No later than May 12, contestants must email the Youtube link to the competition director, Dr. Timothy Smith, at email@example.com, for submission to the adjudicator.
- The Youtube link must be posted/published as an unlisted video (not public or private.)
It is the intent of the competition director and staff to communicate the winners’ information to teachers and contestants by Tuesday, May 18, 2021, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Repertoire lists have been updated.
These supersede all previous lists.
Please make checks payable to AKTA (DO NOT WRITE THE CHECK TO UAA). $75 for Junior and Senior Young Artist Levels and $65 for Intermediate Levels. Mail checks to:
ATTN: Meghan Owens
University of Alaska Anchorage
3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
- Dr. Timothy Smith, Director/University Representative
- Alla Artemyeva
- Iryna Dunayeva
- Dean and Cindy Epperson
- Rumi Smith
Support for visiting artist(s) has been provided by the Marguerite Downey Memorial Music Scholarship fund.