University of Alaska Anchorage
The UAA Housing Office employs a professional maintenance and custodial team, as well as a team of student workers, to assist with maintenance and common area cleaning needs in the residential community.
If something breaks or you need maintenance assistance, you can place a “Work Order” with the Housing Office front desk.
Three ways to place a Work Order
- Visit the Housing Desk in the Commons to place the order in person
- Call the Housing Desk at 907-751-7202
- Email the Housing Office at email@example.com
If your apartment or room has an emergency issue, call the Housing Desk during business
hours (8 am and 5 pm) at 907-751-7202, or your RA-on-duty after hours or on weekends
as soon as you discover the problem. If the emergency happens after hours, the RA
will notify a Residence Coordinator who will call in the maintenance crew if the situation
The following maintenance issues are generally considered to be emergencies:
- Plumbing (toilet or radiator leakage, or anything involving leaking or standing water)
- Broken window
- Fire safety equipment issue (fire alarm is activated or beeping)
- Loss of heat or hot water
- Electricity outage
- Key/lock issues (cannot unlock or open your door)
- Any situation that compromises the health or safety of residents or the community.
The UAA Housing Custodial Team works to maintain a clean and comfortable living environment in the common areas of your building and in the Gorsuch Commons. They are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing floors, lounges, laundry rooms, etc. Note: the custodial team is not responsible for cleaning of occupied private rooms, suites and apartments. It’s the responsibility of residents to clean their own rooms, suites or apartments.
If you see an event or situation that may require custodial cleanup in a common area, please place a Work Order with the Housing Desk in the Commons.